So far has run to 103mph on GPS...
Still sorting out right props..
Them old cats will still run you bet...
You might see him on the bayous around
Baton Rouge and New Orleans...
Danny Leger

2Blade
05-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Great looking boat. My dad flipped a Powercat with a Merc125bp short shaft on Eagle Mountain Lake, Ft Worth TX in the 1970's. He took off like an airplane at around 80 mph. I recently saw a huge fishing Powercat with twin 75hp Scotts for sale in Lewisville, TX. It is interesting to still see so many of these boats around. Reid.

Rusrog
05-01-2002, 02:00 PM
I basically grew up in a 15ft Powercat. Caution orange with black interior. The old 1500 inline ran pretty good. Dad sold it in 1986 and I cried when it left. Loved that old boat. Dad had even built an aluminum bracket to raise the motor...no setback but did give you the option to raise and lower....

Hell of a machine....

AnthonySS
05-01-2002, 02:09 PM
MAN...

I can appreciate that beautiful ride...but

BE CAREFULL!!

Like 2 Blade said...I can see that thing going over

2Blade
05-01-2002, 02:38 PM
I saw a bright orange Powercat with black interior, carpet too, for sale last year in Saginaw with no motor. Maybe it was your dads. Thanks. Reid.

Rusrog
05-01-2002, 03:09 PM
I heard it was around N Ft Worth somewhere. I would like to find that old boat again..... I don't really know why; I would just like to see it get a good home.

2Blade
05-03-2002, 02:01 PM
My fathers Powercat with Merc 125bp bought from Joe Foust Marine in Ft Worth. Rusrog, he used to race against Beaver Tyler with his Checkmate. I know you said you had heard of Beaver. Last I heard he was living on an island on Possom Kingdom.

Powercat
05-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Beaver is a member of our Powercat owners group on
Yahoo, he has a hydro that he is restoring. Also has a nice Carlson tunnel he is working on. Seems to be a fan of OMC power??? Could this be the same Beaver Tyler?
Danny Leger

Originally posted by 2Blade
My fathers Powercat with Merc 125bp bought from Joe Foust Marine in Ft Worth. Rusrog, he used to race against Beaver Tyler with his Checkmate. I know you said you had heard of Beaver. Last I heard he was living on an island on Possom Kingdom.

2Blade
05-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Yes, it is the same guy. We have both been members of the Antique Outboard Motor Club for many years. I see him often at the meets. I've heard about his Carlson and I have seen his powercat, he had one recently that was pink with an OMC. He has a long racing history. He used to race for Marion Hering in Ft Worth. I believe he ran a Checkmate. Later on he had some capacity with the Texas Twisters racing outfit. I know one year he was running a Laser 380Ray with a V4 OMC. Anyway, great guy.