PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on tail light converters?

Ron V
03-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I got a T-One covnerter (sold by Draw Tite) from the hitch shop when I got my '05 Tacoma. Worked fine at first, but now the right brake light on the trailer blinks and then goes out. Everything has been checked and I'm 95% sure it's in the converter. It happens on three different trailers, two of which have separate ground wires all the way back to the lights. These trailers all work perfect on other vehicles. The truck itself works fine. Checked the vehicle plug by itself (no trailer) with a circuit tester and got it to fail. The jag off at the hitch shop tells me he doesn't care, he knows it's a bad ground on my trailer and bet me he could find it. I'm about ready to take him up on his bet but it's not worth half a day to drive down there and argue with the butt wipe.

Anyone have a brand they've had good luck with, and any recommendations on models? Is there any harm and would there be any advantage to getting a higher amperage model than you really need? The most lights on any trailer I own is the trailer for the Rapid Craft. Two brake lights, two amber running lights, and three miniature tail lights under the rear roller.

Thanks.

Psyco
04-04-2007, 01:12 AM
My experience has been that the T-1 converters are one of the best on the market. Converters can be a pain. If I remember correctly, the Drawtites have a warranty, use it.
Sounds like you did a good job of troubleshootin'. Get jag off to make it right.