PDA

View Full Version : aquabuff

89basscat
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
has anyone tried aquabuff from yachtbrite??? heard a good review about it but i am wondering if anyone else has tried it... my 89basscat has some oxidation on it and i am planning on getting it recleared with clear gel in about 3 months but i am considering trying this product..

thanks,
jim

amityray
03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I've used it for the past couple of years. It really brought back the shine. My 16 year old finish looks almost new.

JBS
03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Its supposed to be great stuff.I bought a 17 yr old Checkmate last fall and the previous owner used it.He gave me 2 gallons of it.Now, I need to figure out how to use it.The directions on the side have wax on them and are difficult to read.Any help would be appreciated.

Costa
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Here ya go JBS,
http://www.fiber-tek.com/Bulletins/AquaBuff.htm:)
Good stuff, just keeep the beverages flowing during the process but the final result is worth it.

JBS
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Costa!

Fish
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
if you are talking about aquabuff 1000 or aquabuff 2000, it is an awesome product. I got a tip the other day from I believe gelcoatjoe to use windex instead of a spray bottle with water. I did it, and it is a GREAT tip. The stuff is simply awesome.

Costa
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the windex tip Fish, I will have to give it a try. Tha Aquabuff 200 is to get heavy oxidation off, and it must be followed up with the Aquabuff 1000. Afte I did mine I had to go at and use Meguires cleaner wax and then some caranuba wax on top. I have heard of some people using the Flitz polish after the 1000 but I have not tried that one before.

Fish
04-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the windex tip Fish, I will have to give it a try. Tha Aquabuff 200 is to get heavy oxidation off, and it must be followed up with the Aquabuff 1000. Afte I did mine I had to go at and use Meguires cleaner wax and then some caranuba wax on top. I have heard of some people using the Flitz polish after the 1000 but I have not tried that one before.

Costa, I think the 1000 is the real heavy cut stufff, and the 2000 is much lighter. I have used flitz and it is amazing on all types of metals ( I did a post recently on a single application before and after on my sportmaster). It will work really well on pelxiglass, eizenglass and also fiberglass, but considering the cost, I would use the aquabuff on the fiberglass and then follow it up with a good polish for killer shine.

amityray
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Costa, I think the 1000 is the real heavy cut stufff, and the 2000 is much lighter. I have used flitz and it is amazing on all types of metals ( I did a post recently on a single application before and after on my sportmaster). It will work really well on pelxiglass, eizenglass and also fiberglass, but considering the cost, I would use the aquabuff on the fiberglass and then follow it up with a good polish for killer shine.

You're right.
The 1000 is the heavy cut compound.
The 2000 is for light oxidation.

http://www.aqua-buff.com/

Costa
04-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Sorry about that 1000-2000 mix-up!!

Fish
04-12-2007, 11:48 AM
...I have heard of some people using the Flitz polish after the 1000 but I have not tried that one before.

Costa,
here is the flitz pic of my sportmaster from the other thread. This is one application by hand(I taped it off to show before and after) - about 5 minutes.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/DSC_6267Small.jpg

jphii
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Nice one Fish. I'm gonna go get some. I'm polishing my wing plates and mid while I have it all apart. Gotta at least LOOK good this year!!!

whipper
04-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I have a bobs cone thats painted black. If I took of the paint and polished it would it come out like yours Fish? James

Fish
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a bobs cone thats painted black. If I took of the paint and polished it would it come out like yours Fish? James

Probably not James. Bob's cones are added to an existing lower unit and depending on when it was done, it might be welded or bondoed. In either case, I think the paint will be the best looking on a bob's LU.

Nice one Fish. I'm gonna go get some. I'm polishing my wing plates and mid while I have it all apart. Gotta at least LOOK good this year!!!

Thanks Joe, it really is great stuff. I used it on some chrome heat exchangers on a set of 1692TI diesels that over time had become badly discolored from the heat and had some slight rust pitting. They looked like new when I got done. Its been around for a long time but mostly a biker secret until west marine and chains like that started carrying it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/Flitzbefnaftr.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/Flitzbefnaftr4.jpg

This took longer than 5 minutes, but was worth it considering that was about 20 years of buildup I was taking off at some pretty extreme temps.

Costa
04-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Biker secret!! I have been using it for years, but quit riding because of too many injuries. :( By the way the L/U and the exchangers look great.