PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen one of these?

Powercat
04-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Wondering if anyone has seen on of these Powercat
hydros lately.. Several people in our Power Cat
owners group are interested in finding one.
Danny Leger

Backfire
04-30-2002, 11:17 PM
I've got pictures (somewhere) of the two P/C Hydros that were local club members. But both boats are gone somewhere, one sold for $100 and somebody was going to make a "planter" out of it. The Switzer Wing, Glass Magic "Banshee", Anthony 3 point,
Speedliner, Yellow Jacket, Mollinari's, Schultz, Allison's vees and tunnel, Stingers, Stackers, Twisters, Blue stripe Twisters, Stranglers, Twister 2X, Bridgeports, Gts, one to ones, hot foots,
elephant ears, OJ's, cleavers, choppers... sorry, just got carried away in a flash back. Can't locate nothing 'round here, I'm afraid some of that aluminum DNA may be that beer can your holding. Hold that empty up to your ear, 'probly hear stacker in the distance! Ex-Banshee owner has run ads in the papers and has a $200 reward trying to find his boat. Keep on look'in.
Backfire ;)

ratso
05-04-2002, 01:16 AM
I know of 4 Powercats here in Waco Texas, a red one a friend of mine runs at the drags, a brown one a duck hunter owns, which we service regularly, a gray and blue one we are rebuilding for someone, and a bright yellow one we have for sale with a beautiful paint job on it. No hydros like in the pic though.

Powercat
05-06-2002, 09:48 AM
Ratso: The guys in our Powercat owners group might be interested in the yellow one you have for
sale.. Send me some digital photos and I will post
it on our 4-sale area.. Got people from all over the country looking for decent Powercats.
Danny Leger

Originally posted by ratso
I know of 4 Powercats here in Waco Texas, a red one a friend of mine runs at the drags, a brown one a duck hunter owns, which we service regularly, a gray and blue one we are rebuilding for someone, and a bright yellow one we have for sale with a beautiful paint job on it. No hydros like in the pic though.

helmetguru
05-16-2002, 03:33 PM
i thought yall might enjoy this shot.

J Taylor
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I took one look at that picture and looked at my 1970 Chaparral Class "F" championship racing hydro that originally was racer Wayne Walgrave's which is 14 feet long. It was run with a Quincy Flathead Looper 6 Alky normally, but I have tested Formula E 3s,4s and 6s on her but on one occassion I put the Mercury Twister 6 on it for a local car/boat/bike show which even more so looks like the raceboat in the begiining picture. There is so much floatation in this hull with the Twister on it it almost floats as level as if it had a Mark 75 Merc FE on it! The boat and engine kinda stole the show with the kinda how much more can that boat hold???kinda looks!! The Chaparral hydro here is 100% marine grade plywoods, glues and silicon bronge nails etc. I still put a Merc 50 short shaft on it and get 30 miles out 3 gallons of gas cruising it at about 50 miles per hour.