PDA

View Full Version : Used Jackets Lifeline & Security

Mark75H
02-04-2007, 08:07 AM
For the 2008 racing season, several APBA outboard categories will be requiring drivers to have jackets with flak protection. Some drivers will probably have their existing jackets upgraded, others will be buying new and retiring saftey equipment that would still be a step up from what most Screamandflyers have and use.

The next 30 months would be a very good time to watch for used racing jackets ;)

baja200merk
05-11-2007, 02:15 PM
what lifeline should i buy? i tool around lakes and bays. Know of any forsale?

Thanks

Big Johnson v6
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
also looking for input for what the best is for the weekend warrior. i see offshores for sale but can you sit in a one. any input would be very helpful thanks jeff

Mark75H
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Offshores are easier to sit in, they don't have the longer reinforced tail made for the later outboarders. OPC & older outboard jackets will also be without the long tail. Newer OPC jackets are generally "capsule" jackets with minimal flotation; you probably want to stay away from a capsule jacket.

None of these specialty jackets are Coast Guard approved, you'll still need to have a CG approved life jacket stowed somewhere on the boat.