PDA

View Full Version : Any Stock Outboard Racers Out There

KG4
04-18-2001, 06:45 PM
I used to race C stock hydro i had a few different hulls but my B@H hull was by far te best.Motor was a yamato 102 very dependable motor.Also raced A runabout and 20ss hydro. List the class and motors you ran.Have a good one. Bob

Michael Martin
04-18-2001, 09:10 PM
I purchased a pugh hydro to run in the "b" class.
It sat for 3 months while I was looking to find a motor that was in my budget. Thats when I found my Stream & got started on it. I sold it to a buddy who is having lots of fun playing with the jet ski's now.

Your not from the coast down close to charlestown,sc are you? I spoke with a really nice guy named Bob that helped me locate my hydro.

Mike

04-19-2001, 07:37 AM
they run j, a, b, c, d, e, stock modified and pro
The beer wagon and bbq show up on saturday night

Instigator
04-19-2001, 10:36 AM
Ran A Stock Hydro until I got tired of weighind 155 lbs (195 now!) and getting my ass beat every weekend! Built one A hydro in the basement of an old apartment, got the thing to weigh 57 lbs, and carried it out of the basement by myself! Ran Region 6 and had past and current national champions (from that region) show up at every Po Dunk race I went to! Used to have one local race that they would'nt even weigh the boats every time. Be guys pulling lead out of their boats in the dark with flash lights! Built an A motor just for that race. Took a B motor and ground the **** out of the internals and made the outside look like an A motor knowing it would never be inspected. Ran one race and blew everybody in the weeds until the top of the crank snapped off from it being so far out of balance from me grinding on it!Also ran B Stock & Mod Hydro & Runabout, 20SS Stock/Mod/Pro Runabout & Hydro. Learned almost everything I know about making a boat go fast from running those things! Lived in **** hole apartments (garage where I stored the boats one Winter), drove beater cars, lost a job every year at the Nationals (used to call in sick/quit from the pay phone in the pits at Dayton), missed Mothers Day every year (Spring Race in Dayton),BUT LEARNED A HELL OF A LOT AND WOULD'NT TRADE ANY OF IT FOR ANYTHING.
Also spent a summer in Houston building Butts Aero Wing Hydros for Tim Butts, and did a couple of races down there. Did one race in Laredo Texas, and ended up over the border one night having too (??) much fun and spent the night in the "Clink" with a couple of fellow racers! AH, the good old days! Thanx for reminding me! Instigator (Gary Williams 39-S)