PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Greg...guitars

AnthonySS
04-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Here is the one I aspire to own someday...

POST your Guitars Guys!!

pyro
04-24-2002, 04:04 PM
I can take my pick of them all. My Father owns the whole damned music store!! Here's the guitar wall. We sell all kinds of new and used guitars among other things.
-Chad

My personal guitars, I bought them all through our store, are:
Carvin DC400T electric
Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 (130 watts X 2 12", world's most powerful combo amp)
Yamahaha FG-340II acoustic
Epiphone AJ-18 acoustic
Kramer Ferrington (kind of like a Stratocoustic)
CHECKMATE (cheap-ass beat-up campfire strummin' acoustic)

Scream And Fly
04-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Here's one of my cousin John in my studio at home.

ShorePounder
04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey Pyro!

Top row second one in, Lefty Strat!! yeah baby I love seeing lefties in stock at music shops!

It looks identical to my 99 Mexican Std. Strat. Midnight Wine with white pickguard.
Saw the pic of Anthony SS's black strat. That thing is sweet!

I currently own:
the strat above
Epiphone Les Paul
Home built Frankenbass, Japanese P-bass copy body with Aria Pro II righty neck flipped for that '80's Jackson reverse headstock look

Fender Princeton 112 Amp
asstd store bought and home built effects.

pyro
04-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Actually, the transparent red one on the top row is an AUSTIN strat-styled guitar. Austin is a name brand owned by SLM (crate, ampeg, etc.) It's a great guitar, $160 brand new, better quality/plays better than import Fender Squier types.

There IS a Fender Mexican Strat lefty on the wall. It's the 11th one down in the middle row, black, hard to see with the low resolution.

There are 180 guitars in this store.

-Chad

Laker
04-24-2002, 07:45 PM
OHH YEss
I have a bunch too
This is my main Ax
1996 Washburn Mercury
Maple Neck, Flame maple top, Double locking Tremlo
Custom electronics with solid mounted pickups.
This Guitar has so many voices!

AnthonySS
04-25-2002, 09:37 AM
THE STRAT picture I posted is not mine...just a picture of one I found.

I do use a Strat (79 Sunburst) for playing but it is loner from another fast boat buddy.

For the amount I play, I do not have much in the way of guitars:

1976 Fender Mustang
Yamaha FG410-12 (12 str Accoustic).

Here is Mustang Picture. (Mine is all Black Tho)

Scream And Fly
04-25-2002, 11:53 AM
I don't have a picture of it here, but I'll take one when I get home. I just got it - a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop.

Ohh, I love it.

Greg

AnthonySS
04-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Wow...

sounds real nice...make sure you post some pics.

Here is another dream guitar...

Anybody out there got one of these babys?

woodco
04-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Man !!!!!! What a playroom that is ..........

Wish I had a pic of my lil brothers Eddy Van Halen replica ....
Think he's still got it too.

Suprised nobody has mentioned any Fenders or Guilds :confused:

98Mirage
04-25-2002, 10:37 PM
If this thread keeps growing, we can call this site, "Scream and Cry".

My collection:

Gibson SG '61 reissue
Steinberger Sprit GT-Pro w/500T, 496R and SD Cool Rails PU's
Tacoma DM-9 6-string acoustic

Dennis

pyro
04-26-2002, 07:53 AM
My dad's personal collection includes a 1990 Gibson Les Paul standard in limited production clear blue with gold hardware.

He's got a clear-finish ash body '92 Fender Telecaster Plus with Lace sensor pickups, too.

Laker
04-26-2002, 05:00 PM
mY 1994 Gibson Explorer 90
Scorpion model Signed by the Scorps at the Gibson Factory in 1994. I picked it up at the factory new after they signed it and Clear coated it. A real hot rod and the only one known to be signed.

AnthonySS
04-27-2002, 12:45 PM
LAKER,

The Explorer is anoth one of my favs!! That Things is resal sweet...looks like it has never been played...do you play it??

I have a freind that has a circa 1975 (blonde with gold) that he says he wants to sell...but he never seems to want to part with it...when I ask.

Its amazing how the explorer (and flying V) set the standard for so many similar design copies.

The explorer was way ahead of its time...but was not received well from it early inception (early 60's I think)

steve
04-27-2002, 04:35 PM
66' Gretsch Double Anniversery
60' Gibson ES330TD red--super Mint
68' dot neck ES335TD
and currently have a 59' ES225 with P90 single pickup--my fav.

I build guitar and studio amps as well as mod them for many studios. I am a tubes only ( no S. State) builder and have also had some super nice Mic's. Let me know if you guys are looking for tubes or want some mods done!!!! Vintage stuff only. Steve

Laker
04-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Hey Anthony
Yep its like new condition and the most special one I have.
I have played it a bunch of times but it really only sits in the display or in its Case.
I also Have a proto type Custom shop Les Paul Light with a Floyd Rose, special Electronics and pickups. Scarfed body in Bowling Ball Blue metal flake. It fell over last year and Broke the peg head, Its in Nashville as we speak for repairs. :mad:
I think I may have a pic Just have to dig it up.
Chris

steve
04-28-2002, 06:59 PM
I have several favorites---Orange, Vox for studio use, a 1959 Gibson 8W single ended with an Altec speaker, Fender made several early Deluxes that were nice. How about the early Boogies? We sold quite a few items to Aspen at Groove tubes . He's a collector . Lots of tubes went to Kendrick Amps in Austin TX too. Some went to some famous bands and solo artists. Have you tried any of the Ampeg amps? With a few mods they can be awesome rock amps. Lots of dynamics. Some of the English made Marshalls can be good too if you like that sound. The English versions had EL34's generally and the USA used 6550's for a more edgy sound.
Anybody had an old Fender Mustang?

Laker
04-28-2002, 08:25 PM
ohh
Early Boogies .... One of the finest amps I have ever heard was a Brad Gillis (Knight Ranger) Boogie Back stage at ALPINE in 1985...:rolleyes: I myself loved my Fender Twin Bradshaw with a Randal Medal Pedal!
My 5150 and Bandit are the current Favorite amps.
I am a HUGE EVH Fan!!:D :D :D :D

steve
04-28-2002, 10:39 PM
the place downtown Oconomawac ( spelling???) near Watertown Wisc. ???????? How about Ax in Hand in Dekalb ILL? Nice shops. I just got back from NYC and the place I liked was Manny's by Times Square. Lots of vintage stuff. They have my ES330 TD in the window--$3995. I sold it to a guy in Brooklyn and followed it there. It was red--super mint condition 1960 with a brown case and pink fuzzy interior for the case. I hated to sell it but the cash was right.
Ever heard an Ampeg 300 watt bass amp? Try plugging a guitar into that with a few big stacks. Thats what the Stones used years ago. Man , very nice sound. I like the Ampeg's better then the Marshalls for rock. They are cheap and they are built much much better then the Marshall or Fender amps. Top notch military boards , better circuits etc. They need some mods to really shine though. Let me know if you are looking for any amps, guitars, or mods down the road. We turn out some nice gear and some very rare vintage tubes .

AnthonySS
04-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Some of my favs:

Fender Twin, Deluxe, Super etc.
HiWatt Bulldog
Marshall

steve
04-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Do you come across tubes in Cananda very often? I buy the odd stuff so let me know if you find any. The Fenders sounded nice with the RCA 6L6GC in there and they lasted forever! Another good tube is the Tung Sol 5881. They generally won't live long in the Fender but they sound great! Any time you come across some gear thats junk or needs repaired let me know if you want to sell it. I buy stuff for parts all the time. Tubes especially I buy. I build with just about any of them. Take care. Steve

AnthonySS
04-29-2002, 11:03 AM
THANKS for the info STEVE,

When an amp starts to crackel..then you jiggle the tubes a little, and it goes away...does it mean the tubes need replacing.

I have a mid 70's little CHAMP that is getting crackel..waht do you recommend. Does it need tube replacement?

Its a sweet little amp. I actually like playing an accoustic though it.

steve
04-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Try taking the tubes out and cleaning the pins and sockets with alcohol. It could be a tube also. Have you tried swapping out the smaller tubes yet? I think the Champ uses 6V6GT which are not really that expensive anyway. Don't buy the new Russian or Chinese stuff whatever you do. If its a Chinese 6V6 then its probably the tube. Chinese are known for fireworks! Old stock 6V6GT's will run you $14 each and will sound way better. Try the sockets first. Another problem the old Fenders had was one of cold solder joints. You may want to take the amp out of the case and see if you can find any areas that look like the solder joint has been arcing. Take care.

AnthonySS
04-29-2002, 11:52 AM
STEVE,

THANKS for the great tip!!!

I will try cleaning the sockets!

I have owned this amp since new...so it still has the orginal tubes. I has not had much use over ther years

Talon2.5
05-01-2002, 02:25 PM
back in 1979-1983 i had two lotus less paul copiy cheap guitars then sold those and went without for a couple years then bought this one

Talon2.5
05-01-2002, 02:26 PM
then a friend was moving and needed money so i bought his bc rich ironbird :D

Talon2.5
05-01-2002, 02:28 PM
learning chords just doesnt sound good on an electric with overdrive and stuff so i wanted the sweet acoustic sound and found this one new

Talon2.5
05-01-2002, 02:30 PM
i borrowed this amp from my dad and had it so long he almost forgot who had it, but before he died he gave it to me since i was the only one who ever used it