PDA

View Full Version : 2007 - 24 hours of ROUEN Marathon Advert Video

LIQUID NIRVANA
02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
This is THE World Renowned 24hour Marathon that Evinrude E-Tec won last year in their FIRST major Race outing. Its on again on the 30th April & 1st May this year in FRANCE. Below is the Video Advertising released for this years race. This is one BRUTAL race on Men / Women & Equipment. The first placed E-Tec won last years race by 53 miles.
PS: Last year there were 350,000 spectators AT THE SITE.

http://www.24heuresrouen.com/i...canes (http://www.24heuresrouen.com/index2007.php?ed=44&page=videos&clip=arcanes)

Yamaha 225
03-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Really cool to see the boats in the dark!

And also the scream of the V6's...

Are they also runnning F1 there???

LIQUID NIRVANA
03-13-2007, 06:56 AM
No modified F1 engines. This is a race for stock standard engines with the option of factory high performance lower units.
This is probably the most grueling inshore race in the world. 24 hours non stop, usually bad weather Driver changes every 2 hours. Extremely rough water at times where engines, boats & drivers endure an incredible beating. Just to finish is a testament in itself to equipment & drivers.

As far as I can determine 16 boats are so far entered in class 3. 11 Mercury, 2 Evinrude E-Tec, 1 Johnson & at least 2 unknown.

In class 2: there are 11 boats. 9 Mercury & 2 unknown

In class 1: there are 17 boats. Powered by 8 Yamaha, 2 Mercury, 2 Evinrude E-Tec 90hp & 5 unknown.

There may be more.

Its a fabulous race. Don't miss it. http://www.24heuresrouen.com/index2007.php?ed=44&page=videos&clip=arcanes

cmn
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
hello liquid nirvana, how are you?

I have little problem with my OMC 3L for 24 h of Rouen.
I have the choice between 2 size for the venturis carbs; 38 or 47 mm.

can you give me help for choice?

speak soon
jm

Instigator
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM

speak soon
jm

Depends on how broad a rev range you will be running. The big bore carbs make more horsepower but at cost of mid range.
Do you know how low of RPM you'll be dropping down to in turns??

What mods are done to your motor??

How many R's can you turn it??

How much compression etc??

Gary

Maureen M
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM

speak soon
jm

jm, will you be running in the race?

bigbore
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
B.R.P. aint no b.s.

Instigator
03-14-2007, 02:29 PM

speak soon
jm
Will send you a Private Message.

Gary

NNT
05-02-2007, 12:05 AM
B.R.P. aint no b.s.

Yea 13th place ain't too shabby http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

bigbore
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
hope you know that makes ya look like a full-blown jack-a**,the calling fits the bill,right up there with 1b*tchaction,is he your neighbor?,you guys run eachother (through the knot-holes?),anyway why did they blow their lowers out anyway?that sucks:cool:

NNT
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
hope you know that makes ya look like a full-blown jack-a**,the calling fits the bill,right up there with 1b*tchaction,is he your neighbor?,you guys run eachother (through the knot-holes?),anyway why did they blow their lowers out anyway?that sucks:cool:

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

1BadAction
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM

nobody said anything to you, why do you feel the need to call names like a third grader, does it make you feel better about your little race team getting their asses whipped? :rolleyes: go back in your hole and cry in your brp footy pajamas, theres always next year...

to get crushed by merc again that is.

pyro
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah really, somebody needs to make a trip to the liquor store...

bigbore
05-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I didn't start it,i gues i'll just hang my head (in shame),if thats what makes ya's feel better,anyway it's always been like that with n.n.t.,n,ibadaction,thats just the way we roll (on screamandfly),i'm not mad just carrying on tradition.

NNT
05-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll give ya credit Bigblowhard, at least you ran your mouth back. The rest of the BRP brigade is still silent :D It's all in fun, at least it's meant that way.

bigbore
05-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Thats whats up,anyway,i'll run rudes till the day i dye,my old mans had 5 of em throughout my life n all 5 were SOLID runners n reliable as hell,i had a 200xp (on my vegasxt)n it was a 89,ran w.o.t. for yrs,n the only problem i had with that was 1 cyl. down 10 pds. after 10yrs.

NNT
05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
I own 3 OMC's,1 Merc and a Nissan( I need my head examined for buying that POS jap crap). However The Mercs have never given me trouble and I have had big problems with OMC's in the past. I run em all the same way, idle or WOT, not much in between. I just get a little tired of hearing about the glorious Etec and how it's the anmswers to all of lifes problems,so i poke fun at em when i can. :D