PDA

View Full Version : My boat trailer.........

82RAYSONCRAFT
01-28-2007, 09:40 PM
isn't the prettiest and I would like to give it a face lift.
I'm not big on looks but thinking more of a somewhat logical manner for resolve.

Has anyone sprayed their trailer with truck bed liner type material?

Seems logical to me and should last much longer than paint when exposed to the environments.

Thoughts anyone:confused:

Hottrucks
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
the stuff is bullet proof but getting inside the frame is th issue,, I think it looks ok but if you want to repaint it just use a good epoxy primer and let the paint fly!!

How far from Oxnard are you I may have someone to can hook you up with the ciorrect people.......

Mastercraft241
01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
i have a triangular trailer aswell and i have the same problem as you. Im achually looking to galvinize it but thats way to expensive.... is there anything else i could do? Great looking boat btw.

82RAYSONCRAFT
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Hottrucks,

I'm in N. Orange County some 80 or so miles south of Oxnard.

My trailer is all channel and angle iron. No tubing in play so it should be pretty strait forward. Now comes the decision to paint or apply the liner material.:confused:

There is some significant rust on the bottom side and cross beams that would take time to remove for a good finish if painting.

Was thinking of sand blasting then applying liner material. With it's textured finish the imperfections wouldn't show and all surfaces would be slip resistant.

Hottrucks
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
i have a triangular trailer aswell and i have the same problem as you. Im achually looking to galvinize it but thats way to expensive.... is there anything else i could do? Great looking boat btw.

Try calling Conneticut galivinzing there CHEAP all you need to do is bring by you frame STRIPPED and they will dip it just bring a couple 3 or 4 $50's bills with ya

as far as liners over here there seems to be 2 chioices Bull hide / Rino liner or line X
I think the lineX is nice it leaves a finer finish instaed of the splattered look of Rino liner or Bul hide

ScarabEpic22
03-15-2007, 10:22 PM
That would be sweet if I could get my boat trailer galvanized/epoxied/painted/whatever for a couple hundred. I know I would have to have someone do the sandblasting to get it stripped, but Im okay with that, I just want to get rid of the nasty peeling paint that has plagued my trailer for like 10yrs now.

transomstand
03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Send a PM to platypus. He's had his done with bedliner material, I think he's pretty happy with it.

Pete

RONNIE
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
how do I get a full size pic of the chick in you avitar???

82RAYSONCRAFT
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
You talking about this one?

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7619495980.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5015880)

Mastercraft241
03-18-2007, 07:42 PM
rayson, if you really want a nice trailer, go to www.oldglorytrailers.com . I bought a 22-24 foot aluminum trailer with torsion axles, spare tire with hub, stainless steel kit and he shipped it for me. Grand total of $3200. Anyone looking for a trailer, thats the place to go. Guys name is Richie, hes just a pleasure to deal with.

MNJAVELIN
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I got a quote from a local auto body shop on what it would cost to sandblast and repaint my tandem trailer and he said right around $200 for the whole deal. Of course I would be removing all the lights, bunks etc from it.

82RAYSONCRAFT
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Damn good deal!
I was quoted 300 just for sandblasting.
But then again I'm in Southern California.

I'll probably rent a larg unit from United Rentals and do it at work in the yard.