PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Poli Glow before?

jonnyspeed
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
So I'm watching ShipShape TV the other day and they showed this new product for Gelcoat restoration. It is a 2 part system. Cleaner and sealer. The theory is that Gelcoat is pourous and the chalky oxidation gets trapped in these pores. The cleaner is Butyl based and disolves the chalk. Then the second stage is applied in one direction like a varnish. It actually fills in the pores with a sort of "clearcoat". 4 to 5 coats are recommended.

Now I know that the prevailing thought here is to wetsand, polish, and wax. I know that works, but everytime you do that you are taking away Gelcoat aren't you? It makes sense to me that this method would work as well and it doesn't remove any gelcoat. They did 2 boats on the program and they both came out looking like new.

Has anyone used this product? I plan on giving it a shot. Worst case is I have to go back and buff if it doesn't work.

jonnyspeed
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow... 100+ views and nobody knows what I'm talking about?

Guess I might have to be the test case.

supergenius74
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
i've watched that show before, those guys do seem to know what they are talking about, try that stuff out, if it works i might give it a try as my deck needs some new shine.

Rmohd
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Any update on this as I was going to ask the same Question ??

any one tried it ?/

I will do a search

supergenius74
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
not yet but i am going to try aqua buff soon, I got some on order and I am going to try that first, it's more work but probably a better way to go in the long run. If AB doesn't work I will try polyglow and let ya know.

supergenius74
03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
finally got the aqua buff, good stuff, but even the 1000 grit is not enough for some of my oxidation, so i am wet sanding now and that fixes it. wet sand then ab1000 then ab2000 then wax.

williamsdetailing
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
it works great it you keep up on it. a lot of times the surface isnt prepped right and it starts to peel off in a couple months. But if you follow the instructions, it pretty much should be maintenance free for a while.