PDA

View Full Version : Hub Oil Leak

Ron Jackson
01-23-2007, 08:41 PM
What can I do to stop an oil leak in one of my hubs. Custom Line Trailer which they went out of business a while back.:confused:

captcarb
01-24-2007, 07:56 AM
What type of hub, and where is it leaking.

Ron Jackson
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
[Thanks for the reply. At the time I can not say what kind of hub it is. I just had back sugery and can not get out to look at it. The leak seems to be in the front part of the hub because there is a small amount comming out on the front of the wheel. The inside is oil free at the moment. I hope this help. This is the first time I owned a trailer with oil lub. bearings. Thanks again for the come back Ron Jackson

quote=captcarb]What type of hub, and where is it leaking.[/quote]

captcarb
01-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't have any experience with the oil lubed bearings. I believe they are a vendor item for the trailer manufacturers. A search of the net will probably yield the system manufacturer.

jim

Ron Jackson
01-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't have any experience with the oil lubed bearings. I believe they are a vendor item for the trailer manufacturers. A search of the net will probably yield the system manufacturer.

jim

Thanks I will give it a try

captcarb
01-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I feel for you. I have had two back surgeries and the pain can be intense. Don't push it. My doctor always said that the pain is the last thing to come and the first to go away. When translated means that you are still injured when the pain subsides.

jim

Hottrucks
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Your going to have to remove the bearing cap if it's leaking look for a crack and measure it....... it maybe in your best intrest to buy another pair ( available at most trailer/camper/automotive stores) throw away that one and keep one for a spare with a pint of oil to fill it with.....the problem with oil filled bearings is IF they break fly off or what ever your stuck with no lube so carring the extra will save the day...I prefer grease myself if the cap flys of you can always kick a spray can cover over it to get you home just to keep out the large pieces of road grime...

Jeff

Ron Jackson
01-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks gut the come back helped me understand every thihg more clearly.
Thanks again Ron Jackson