PDA

View Full Version : Changing A Landscape To A Portrait

Backfire
01-02-2007, 02:12 PM
WORKING WITH PHOTOSHOP 3, I FAILED-ON THE FIRST TRY- TO FIND DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO COVERT(sorry) a landscape picture to a portrait. I have done this before, but could not save it, COMPARE? Wife has a picture that must go in a portrait frame, what ain't a portrait!
Backfire :confused:

hsbob
01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
you can either rotate the picture and save it, then print. or in the print pull down just select land or port in the print or print setup tab. you really need to update to at least photo elements. the added featchers are really worth the price, esp the mid tone lite corrections.

Backfire
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. What I am wanting to do is not just rotate the picture. The only way I can see to do what I want to do is enlarge the 8 X 10 landscape to 10 X 13..., then crop to 10 X 8 portrait, giving me a picture that is in the original orientation but presented in portrait form.
I guess the wish list program would be >select picture(8X10 landscape),
>select orientation (8X10 portrait), done.
Any program do this?
Thanks, Backfire :confused:

hsbob
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
use the resize function. with todays cameras you may not need to up convert. printers do not print higher than 300x300. those adversites numbers [2800....] are realized by putting extra color drops into that 300x300 matrix. first change the resolution in the resize function[with height, width, resolution coupled] to 300dpi. now look at the size listed for the picture at that resolution. if its larger enough you can now crop down to your land scape size. this way your working with the native resolution of the camera/picture without generating pixels, which is not recommended.