PDA

View Full Version : yamaha multi-function gauge problem.

bernieb
12-26-2006, 06:41 AM
I installed this gauge for my 2001 yam efi 2 stroke 250hp and all was plug and play so to speak and everything works but the vertical set of bars for the water indicater (on the extreme left) I get one blinking bar all the time,even with just key on, engine not running. My question is, what color wire from gauge picks up what? from where on engine? Was I suppose to install a sensor for just that? If the gauge is working normal will I get a stack of bars relating to water pressure? I know I'm protected by a warning horn on a overheat but would like to get this gauge right. bernie

VectorPat
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
There is no wtr press function on that gauge.

J Lamb
12-26-2006, 12:46 PM
That is the trim indicator. I have a seperate gauge for trim so I didn't bother wiring it up on mine.

VectorPat
12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
The trim is on the right side..He is talking about the left side. There are no bars on the left.:confused:

Gordie Miller
12-26-2006, 07:32 PM
one of these gauges brand new in the box if anyone needs one, reasonable offer will be accepted. 847-830-8061 or e:mail gmyellow33@aol.com or PM

bernieb
12-28-2006, 08:19 AM
This gauge has the engine hour feature and the set and mode buttons, the rpm feature,the trim-tilt but when I first turn key on the oil bar comes on for a instant but then goes out and has the picture of a oil container below it. The extreme left of gauge the single blinking horizontal bar has a ~~~~~~with a yard lamp look-alike coming up in the middle of that. So what is it for? bernie

VectorPat
12-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Sounds to me like it is set for a 4stroke. If both the engine oil tank and boat oil tanks are full the oil gauge should have 3 bars across the bottom.

bulleteer
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
My dad's got the multi function gauges on his 94 pro v 150 and the gas gauge is what we've had problems with from day 1. It does the flashing thing unless u have at least 1/2 tank. It reads about 1/4 tank off. We tried another gauge and it does the same. It must be the sending unit, but we know now just about how much gas it has at anytime.