PDA

View Full Version : Sony DSC-T50(touch screen)

Mastercraft241
12-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, i just recieved a Sony DSC-T50 from my father as a hannukah present. I read the manual and everything but i was wondering if anyone has had experience with it personally? Im trying to get the camera to shoot right away after pressing the shoot button. Im also trying to get it to be clear while in motion;I cant seem to figure out how to change the shutter speed. If anyone can show me the ropes with this it would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,
-JAY

pyro
12-14-2006, 08:48 PM
All digital cameras seem to have a two-stage shutter button. Push the button halway down, it will meter the light conditions to determine exposure, and will lock in the focus on your subject. This is where the delay is occuring. When you hammer the shutter button without warning, it has to analyze the subject before it can take the picture. SO... Aim, hold the button halfway, then it will take a picture instantly when you fully press the button. If your subject moves toward or away, or if the lighting changes, let go of the button and then hold it halfway again to re-meter the exposure. I think they all work this way. Some are quicker then others. It's like second nature after a while, you'll get used to it.

hsbob
12-15-2006, 09:09 AM
pyro right on for point and shot cmeras. you either have to get use to the lag on buy a SLR.

Mastercraft241
12-15-2006, 08:40 PM
When i said it to a higher shutter speed, its really dark. I cant use it unless i put the force flash on but that takes a ridiculous amount of time just to take a shot. Is there a way i can use it without the forceflash? The screen is almost pitch black without the force flash.

Thanks,
JAY

pyro
12-15-2006, 08:58 PM
You must have one of the settings screwed up. These cameras will literally not allow you to take a really bad (dark) picture in automatic mode, it will always use the flash if it thinks it needs it. Check the ISO setting (imitates the effects of diffferent film types), the EV setting (changes Exposure Value plus or minus), etc...

Make sure you're not covering one of the sensors with your finger.

-If you increase shutter speed, it will likely compensate with a bigger aperture. It might also try to add flash to compensate. Bigger aperture means shorter depth of field. Only specific objects will end up in focus as a result.

Take advantage of the automatic modes offered in your camera. The "fireworks/sunset/tripod" mode for low-light (may "force-off" the flash), the action mode for action shots (may require midday sun), etc.