PDA

View Full Version : What's the BEST Value on a Stand Alone Printer for Dig Pics

G-Train
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I need to buy one for X-Mas present, I haven't done any printing of Dig Pics before, and don't want to buy one, and wish I'd bought something else a month later.

Will be used for the Std Size prints mainly. Not attached to a computer preferred, so therefore, would like it to be able to take the Mem card from most Cameras.

Would like as best quality prints, at a reasonable price ($150-200).

I tried doing some research, and just got more confused...

Any suggestions.

Thanks
Greg

The Big Al
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Price the print cartridges first.
then shop for the printer.

HP printers are cheep in cost but the print cartridges will make you take out a loan.

hsbob
12-13-2006, 10:21 AM
look below we have been thru this before. what you want is a printer with a minium of 6 colors plus black. i prefer the canon or epson printer. dont let the number of pixels be a factor. all printer print at 300 by 300. they get the extra numbers by putting several color drops in that matrix. i also have a kodak 4x6 dye sub that does quite well but really needs the kodak camera. but dyesub can be pricey. a good ink 8x10 print is 85 cents where a dysub is 2.20. the DS is water proof......

Scream And Fly
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
HP printers are cheep in cost but the print cartridges will make you take out a loan.
Printers (especially low-end models) are usually sold at a loss. The companies want to hook you in so you'll buy their ink cartidges. In many cases, it's cheaper to buy a printer with its included ink cartridges than it is to simply replace the ink!

NICE PAIR
12-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a Kodak easy-share photo printer 500 that I use for my proof and hand-outs (4x6 pics) It prints on Kodak paper is waterproof & stain resistant.
I remembere the printer being $200-$225. When its all said and done 4x6 prints are produced for $.29 ea. It requires no computer and handles about 4 types of camera memory