PDA

View Full Version : Whats next?

hevysrf
12-09-2006, 05:54 AM
We just got back from Disney, and my 12 year old son is disappointed with our photos. Our old sony dsc digital is only 2x optical zoom.
What can you reccomend that is point and shoot, and good for an even mix of wildlife, closeup, and some sports shots? Our price range is probably around $250. MartyD

Scream And Fly
12-10-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi Marty,

Maybe check out the Nikon Coolpix L5. The Canon Powershot models are also very good.

Greg

barr151
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I bought this camera about two weeks ago and its great. alot of features and simple to use. I found it at dell for around $250. I checked back with dell and see its gone up to over $300. this is last years model. the only difference from this one and the new is 1meg pix and the lcd screen is up 2" from 1.8". you can also shoot short movie clips. the pictures are great. I am still learing but I really like how much I can zoom in on the pic.

hsbob
12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
the old sony's compress their pictures too much. this was so they got many more pictures on a card. in the jpg compression the color is loss as you compress to much = poor pictures. if you want the best picture get a SLR camera with raw picture features. the new nikon d40 is the entry level.

hevysrf
12-11-2006, 07:20 PM
The PowerShot S2 IS looks really good. Is it more of a professional camera or point and shoot? Thanks MartyD

Scream And Fly
12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Marty, no point and shoot camera would really be considered a "professional" camera, although many professionals do in fact use them. You can achieve professional results with them too.

Also, any non-SLR consumer-market camera would generally be considered a point-and-shoot model.

The Powershot S2 looks very good, by the way.

Greg