PDA

View Full Version : Need your help in Safety Programs

khasmoth
12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I was trying to make an article about safety programs. Do you guys have a manual about safety programs that I can used so that I could make it as a reference?

Techno
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
I've never heard of one. The Courses and such from the USCG don't really cover us.
As an example a standard life jacket is completely useless for us so we ( who care) use a racing jacket. Racing jackets are not considered personal floatation devices so are not counted as such. Get stopped with only a racing jacket aboard and you can get a ticket.
The standard courses also kind of ignore outboards and since inboards have specific requirements we don't have to follow or have those items.

About the closest I can think of is this specific forum thinger. It gives the whys and why nots and what happens if you don't stuff.

Hottrucks
12-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the board you may try looking under your state dept of safety.. I know New Hampshire has a course you must take like many other states the person to contact (I think) is Capt Doug Metco he's in Fla. ( please fill in your location under user Cp so we can help you more)

heres's the link to nh: http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/ss/boatinged/index.html

Good luck and please keep us posted maybe you could post your report here.......

khasmoth
12-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the board you may try looking under your state dept of safety.. I know New Hampshire has a course you must take like many other states the person to contact (I think) is Capt Doug Metco he's in Fla. ( please fill in your location under user Cp so we can help you more)

heres's the link to nh: http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/ss/boatinged/index.html

Good luck and please keep us posted maybe you could post your report here.......

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I really appreciate it.

-Marvin

The Big Al
12-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Post it when your done!

Might save one of us nut job's!!!!

And welcome,

AL

khasmoth
12-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Post it when your done!

Might save one of us nut job's!!!!

And welcome,

AL

Thanks Al, I'm on the process of finalizing all the details. Will keep you posted if there is something I want to ask you guys. Thanks!