PDA

View Full Version : outboard mechanic looking for a new job and wanting to relocate.

jrstorm
11-24-2006, 09:21 AM
im a marine mechanic, and have been in boats all my life, but have been working professionally in the field for about 15 years. iv been to merc schools, and mercruiser school and omc school i also graduated from mmi in orlando fl. i currently work for myself with my own moble marine business. i also rebuild engines in my home shop. me and my family want to move out of florida and relocate to nc, sc or tenn. we want to get out of fl and move where there are nice lakes to bass fish.i just dont know where to go for an out of state job so i figured id post here, thanks ...

merctech5591
11-26-2006, 07:26 AM
east texas has a high demand for tech's, i was there a couple week's ago checking thing's out.. pay is outstanding.. i'm readdy to move aswell.. latter rick

Hot Shot Merc
11-26-2006, 08:54 AM
we want to get out of fl and move where there are nice lakes to bass fish...You cant find any lakes to bass fish in Florida?:confused:

jrstorm
11-26-2006, 09:12 AM
no im not having problems finding lakes in fl, just good lakes that arent dying because of the water managment killing them and giving our lakes to big sugar to kill.... the problem is the lake i go to [okeechobee] is dying and has not come back from the hurricanes. i was there yesterday and it was depressing. we live on the coast of fl and all the other lakes are too far to go on a day of fishing. some of the other lakes around me are too small and get clogged up with jetskiers.i live on the coast and have a custom built bass boat and i dont like saltwater fishing.the the thread isnt about arging about lakes its trying to find jobs out of state.

Hot Shot Merc
11-26-2006, 01:50 PM
well excuse me!

jphii
11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
If you are interested in Coastal North Carolina pm jtb here on the board. He's the service manager at 70 West Marina (http://www.70westmarina.com/newsite/index2.htm). I just talked to him and he's always looking for a good tech. Great fishin around here too.

mtboatman
09-16-2009, 02:48 PM
we are looking for a mechanic. the right person will be offered a share in the company. info@marineservicesmalta.com

KonaKustoms
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Anyone know a good place for a custom upholstery and airbrush/custom paint guy? Im so burned out on the St.Louis area and want to move shop but it is a big jump when im booked for 3 to 5 weeks all the time!! I just hate it here but the money is good.
Any Ideas guys ?

mcyama
02-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Any outboard techs. interested in joining our team Please contact martin@hankos.com We are located in South Louisiana and offer a wide range of benefits for true professionals. E-mail or call Martin Conrad @ 985-714-1703

JnT
02-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Any outboard techs. interested in joining our team Please contact martin@hankos.com We are located in South Louisiana and offer a wide range of benefits for true professionals. E-mail or call Martin Conrad @ 985-714-1703

And the fishing is phenomenal! Lived there 9 yrs and miss it!

boatbarn
05-19-2010, 10:39 AM
If anybody else is looking for a marine mechanic job we are located in Jamestown KY not far from BEAUTIFUL LAKE CUMBERLAND. Here is the ad we posted:
Experienced marine mechanic wanted, must be able to troubleshoot and repair inboard and outboard engines. Wages depend on experience. Please apply at Bill's Boat Barn 6651 S. Hwy. 127 Jamestown KY 42629 . 270-343-4829<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Bring your resume

hydrostream1
05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Here in SC or NC,the work is good for about 5 months out of the year,then the layoffs or no work,I`ve worked here in NC and SC for 25 years.You`ve got to squirrel your nuts up for the winter.I hate to be a downer but just giving out my two cents.

boatbarn
05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Here in Jamestown KY we start getting work around April for de-winterize and it will go until around December with winterizing. We have boat storage here to so all those jobs that the boaters put off during the summer we do through the winter. Jan.,Feb.and March is fairly quiet.Here is our new ad:
: Bill’s Boat Barn INC. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jamestown</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KY.</st1:State></st1:place> Looking for an experienced marine mechanic, capable of trouble shooting and repair of inboard and outboard engines. Includes managing and running the shop. Will hire or consider lease of business, shop and equipment. For more info. Contact Bill Conner at 270-343-4829.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

fkboatman
06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
i am a professional marine tech. bein in the business my whole life. merc.mercury,volvo,yamaha,jonny rude and such.factory trained and always being sent somwwhere to get updated. whats a decent pay for you guys down south, just curious. i make 33 hr. most guys and females range from mid teens to lower 20 s