H2Onut
04-11-2002, 08:41 PM
What holding your boat?

Aluminum, Galvanized, Steel

Single or dual axle

Springs or tortion bars

Size tires 13, 14, 15

MFG Name

And wold you buy from the same mfg again.

MODVP22
05-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Depends really on what you like and what your boat is. If you're going to be moving it a lot by hand, definitely not a tandem, but tandems really go down the road nice. Got 2 tandems and 1 single axle here, all steel (except jetski trailer is aluminum). One of the tandems is a 5A, the other is Custom Frames by EZ loader. The biggest problem with trailers to me is that there is no primer before they are painted and the pait job doesn't hold up, that and many trailers are made adjustable to fit many different boats to keep the manufacturers cost down (u-bolted winch mounts, swivle bunks, etc.) In my opinion, I think the better companies out there now are the new Eagle Trailers (there is a nice pic of one on the Mirage powerboats website under an orange Jaguar of Bob Albe's) and Dorsey.:)

Techno
05-07-2002, 06:56 PM
My trailer is a steel homebuilt single axle with large tires. long plates front and back of the fenders.

I don't understand why professionly built trailers aren't built with shock absorbers, how much can it cost?
I understand that trailing arm torsion suspension acts like a shock but when it goes its much more expensive than a shock.

If I was looking to replace mine I would go with custom made trailer that was as low as possible and used as large tires as possible, but with hieght the primary concern. There are cars that use tiny tires and don't seem to have a problem with their high speed of rotation, and with a suspension- a real suspension I think everything would last longer.
But alot has to do with what its carrying.

By going with a custom there are certain things you can do. Semis with a 3rd axle lift it when its not needed, do the same with a tandem. On the road its a tandem and in the driveway its a single.

hwyrnr
07-11-2002, 12:33 PM
New here, saw this post and had to brag about dorsey trailers out of Kingfisher Oklahoma. I just had them build a trailer for my 10' Cat and they did one outstanding job. they took me for a tour around the plant and the have a nice setup. the weld everything. They have thousands of jigs for different boats " for the runners". they have a couple of bays for strictly custom boats. they paint a trailer like you would a car. sand, prime, sand, paint, sand, paint,sand,paint, then clear cote. They built my seadoo trailer and the tandem under the bass boat is also a dorsey. Later, Kimo

ProComp
07-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Hustler Tandem with 15" Tires. Tows real nice. Best feature is the removable tongue as it allows you to put it in a common depth of garage. Apparently it is a cheap upgrade.

ProComp

AnthonySS
07-11-2002, 02:03 PM
This thing was apparently made by Hustler too and it also had 15" tires and rims. It was heavy but towed real sweet.

The nice thing was the axle sets as it lubricated the inside bearing and outer too.

Towed awesome on the long hauls!!

All Steel constructed "C" Chanel with alum di plate on step pads

STV apparently called this there "Race Trailer"

I would buy another in a minute.

pyro
07-11-2002, 03:33 PM
4-bunk Eagle trailer made for the boat. Steel with single axle, 14" mags and springs. Black paint is showing rust pinholes all over the place. I just made new bunks and step boards for it this year.

Rickracer
07-11-2002, 04:07 PM
I could do 2 while I'm at it.........;)

P.S. I build em, you paint em