PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Gauges

Mastercraft241
10-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey guys, i ushually post about anything i do on my boat before i take action because i've gotten so much help and good information for everyone. So, im looking at redoing my dash. its a red boat but my dash is black. Everything is basically red white or black and its all metal flake. Im looking to spend 500 on gauges or so and i know thats kind of a short budget but im looking for something clear and red(dark) with a backlight maybe. Im also looking at a wheel which is seprate and im checking out this one http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...ode=momospargi (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MOM121P&Category_Code=momospargi)
Any information would be helpful and greatly appriciated.

Ps. This is for an o/b 1995 OMC engine, speedometers only need to go to 80. I also need a gps guage in maybe take out the speedometer and put a gps gauge in or something. Im returning my gps and just redoing all my guages and wheel. Its a big step from a 215.00 dollar gps to over 600 bucks in guages/wheels. I seem to do that alot...........

Thanks again,
-JAY

stokernick
10-14-2006, 03:03 PM
check with Rickracer or TrickMarine here on the board great prices,etc.

Trick Marine
10-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, i ushually post about anything i do on my boat before i take action because i've gotten so much help and good information for everyone. So, im looking at redoing my dash. its a red boat but my dash is black. Everything is basically red white or black and its all metal flake. Im looking to spend 500 on gauges or so and i know thats kind of a short budget but im looking for something clear and red(dark) with a backlight maybe. Im also looking at a wheel which is seprate and im checking out this one http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...ode=momospargi (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MOM121P&Category_Code=momospargi)
Any information would be helpful and greatly appriciated.

Ps. This is for an o/b 1995 OMC engine, speedometers only need to go to 80. I also need a gps guage in maybe take out the speedometer and put a gps gauge in or something. Im returning my gps and just redoing all my guages and wheel. Its a big step from a 215.00 dollar gps to over 600 bucks in guages/wheels. I seem to do that alot...........

Thanks again,
-JAY

Jay,

Can you give me a list of what gauges you're looking for? I'll put together the best pricing possible based on your exact requirements.

Send the list to my personal email: frcecil@aol.com

Thanks
Fred
Trick Marine
www.trickmarine.net

www.trickmarine.net

ghost28
10-15-2006, 10:10 AM
give me a call after you buy the guages

Mastercraft241
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
do you work on the nautica mile? if so what marina? I worked at Fred Chall Marine all summer.

ghost28
10-15-2006, 05:16 PM
no i dont work on the mile..i used to work on boats...left aboit 6 months ago...insurance industry now but i still like to do some rigging and misc stuff on the side..i guesss if you worked for fred then you can do it yourself when ya get them...what colors you gonna go with....i think a polished lip carbon fiber face with a red bezel would be the ticket..:D :D

Mastercraft241
10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
yeah, im only 17 though so i cant exacly do it myself, yeah i think im going to go with a red bezel and carbon fiber face

ghost28
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
i will be glad ta help..i love doing dash work and rigging..

heres some work i have done..

old school cigarette Bullet...when they only made white guages and colored bezeles..this dash started out all black no GPS and all tiny SW guages

ghost28
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
more ....my old 21 superboat..yamaha guages purple bezels..lookd great in person..pics dont do it justice..

bilge too simple not alot of stuff but neat as a pin.:D

tux974
10-16-2006, 04:36 AM
G, WOW. You are one talented dude. :eek: ;) Will you do my new boat?? Please. ;) :D :) Nice clean work.
Tony

Trikki1010
10-16-2006, 05:01 AM
I didn't know you were so talented George:eek: :D ;)

YOU just wish u were 17 again:eek: :eek:

ghost28
10-16-2006, 02:58 PM
you guys are harsh.....i am only tryin ta help the kid out....lol..and yes i do wish i was 17 again..although i am sure both you guys do as well..:D

hey rick you comin to CT river??

hey tony what new boat??????? somethin in the works?? i try ta do it as clean as possible...i really like wiring work, electronics installs,guages ETC...you gonna come out wed? its supposed ta rain i think...:(

Mastercraft241
10-16-2006, 04:19 PM
guys im seriously looking for some gauges here anyone have some good reccomendations?

tux974
10-16-2006, 05:13 PM
ghost , Only kidding :D :) I sent you a PM.
BTW, That is a clean job.
Tony

Bullet Basser
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a set of medalion gauges with red bezels if you are interested!! It has a Mercury racing tach though in stead of the medalion. But I am sure you could find another.

ghost28
10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
did you try trick marine????:confused: he is the guy when it comes to buying parts and accessories...:D if you want used goood luck findin what you want..good used guages are hard to find..

Mastercraft241
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
i spoke to him and he hasnt returned my e-mail since... he e-mail me once. He sent me some pics of a gps gauge that was over 400 bucks. I told him i was looking to stick with a speedometer gauge instead. I was told you could hook the gps unit onto the speedometer and have the same results.

Send me some pics of those other gauges please. e-mail is mastercraft241@hotmail.com

ghost28
10-16-2006, 08:28 PM
if you have a GPS unit you can interface it to a GPS speedo not a regular speedo..fred will get back to you...he is a good guy...:D

a good set of guages are not going to be cheep..:eek:

Mastercraft241
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
how much am i looking to spend on a good set of gauges? installed and everything

ghost28
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
i dont know exact prices on the guages...thats what guys like Trick marine are for....installation depends on how bad your wiring is behind the dash and what yo buy..i work very reasonable though..if ya wanna chat gimme a call 516-509-5398 no later then 10pm

150aintenuff
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
livorsi 2 start at about 335 or so for a basic set.. but those are limited to a few colors and may not be what you need .. BEEDE and others may be cheaper but not exactially better than HIGH quality Livorsi/Autometer gauges... you can also look to Ebay and their may be Sets for sale new in the box.. at a rather discounted price as well, I got a set of Platnum BEEDE gauges that shipped From Rex marine Via EBAY at about 50% less than I could Buy from My local Distributor... the difference... the Ebay gauges were NON CURRENT model overstock items... big whoop... so I was able to make a customer Very happy when his dash got tore up after someone tried to steal his boat from his slip..

rarias
10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
GO GAFFRIG GAUGES.

TALK TO WWW.TRICKMARINE.NET (http://www.TRICKMARINE.NET) BEST PRICES AND FAST SHIPPING, ETC.

RAUL

150aintenuff
10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
why not just talk to his boss FRED... who he has already Emailed.. and its Livorsi.. Gaffrig is nomore..

rarias
10-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Good 2 Know He Is Talking To The Big Guy.

Also Since When Is Gaffrig No More, I Bought Lots Of Stuff From Them 2 Weeks Ago.

I Know They Had A Legal Issue With Livorsi.

R.a.

150aintenuff
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
i stand corrected... they must have worked something out with livorisi... last i checked (when I did my stream last winter) gaffrigs stuff was all rolled under livorsi's name..

Mastercraft241
10-19-2006, 08:42 AM
how much would it be to get a set of livorsi II in red that includes. Psi, trim, speedo, rpm, voltemeter, water temp, fuel, hour meter? I could of swore i spoke to someone that said the gps is just an adapter that can plug into your speedometer and you bolt something onto the deck. If not then id take out my speedo and put in a gps there. So if that cant be done then replace the spedo with gps. My boat is the color of the set of livosi II they have up there but my dash is black so im not sure with what to go to.

Thanks alot to everyone that has posted so far!
-JAY

Mastercraft241
10-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Ive tried getting in touch with trick marine..... I spoke to a gentleman for 5 minutes until he was unable to help me. I gave him my name and number and i call backs..... :(

The Big Al
10-21-2006, 02:05 PM
GO GAFFRIG GAUGES.

TALK TO WWW.TRICKMARINE.NET (http://www.TRICKMARINE.NET) BEST PRICES AND FAST SHIPPING, ETC.

RAUL

Trick does Livorsi

Eddies marine would be best for Gaffrig

http://www.eddiemarine.com/index.html

The Big Al
10-21-2006, 02:12 PM
why not just talk to his boss FRED... who he has already Emailed.. and its Livorsi.. Gaffrig is nomore..

???????????????????????????????????????

I don't think so!

http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Products/gauges.cfm

I'm not pushing Gaffrig, I run Autometer, same as Livosi.

The Big Al
10-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Also this guy has some great deals on gauges!

http://www.egauges.com/

MODXR6
12-09-2006, 12:30 PM
This is Gaffrig & a nordskog gps speedo. I bought them all direct from nordskog & livorsi some time back & the total was right around $700.
Pretty sure you can get "marine" autometer gauges from Jegs, summit racing, etc. for a decent price & they're quite nice & quite accurate Hi Performance gauges. Don't know what colors would be available though. Lookig at your pic white gauges with red bezels on the black dash would look nice. Check with others on bezel quality before you buy though. I have a friend in mass that has a lot of blistering issues with stuff he bought from eddie marine. may be just a freak one time deal but quite a few different items from a large purchase having the same issues. Let us see some before & after pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/huntermerc/newdash.jpg