PDA

View Full Version : E-mail notification......not working, or just mine?

WATERWINGS
10-11-2006, 08:17 AM
For about a week or so, I have not been getting the E-mail notification.

I checked in User CP, and it is still enabled.

Is this something wrong on my end, or is it with everybody now?

This place I work is a filter/firewall nutcase, and if they could block my air, I think they would.

so........is it me..........or everone?

Thx,

John

fft
10-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Mods,
While you're in there.
I've been trying to use the search button for three days and keep getting "page cannot be displayed".
Didn't want to bug anybody.

WATERWINGS
10-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Grego ??

WATERWINGS
10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Just mine?

Maureen M
10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
John, I think it's just you. :confused:
I haven't heard of anyone else w/ the same issue. Is it only happening on your work computer? And have you checked your spam filter? Maybe it is snagging all the S&F emails.

fft, it might depend on what you are searching for. afaik there's a known issue w/ some search terms that are too general. Try a fairly specific search and let me know what happens.

fft
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Weird, three days and nothing, now it works fine...and I used it... a lot!

Mastercraft241
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Maureen, im achually having the same problem..... i didnt really think of it until now.... i havent gotten an e-mail in awhile, maybe a week

150aintenuff
10-18-2006, 09:05 PM
ive had the problem for a while too, but now it seems to be working.. but Ive had problems with all the bords I am members of... here, OSO, Donzi.net, NW OFFSHORE, ect... none of the forms have been working for some reason for me... Emails are tagged to go direct to in box as well.... go figure.. atleast i wont get to worked up tryin to fix My POS when others are having a minor issue as well... could be that time of year when all the Email systems conspire against boaters and say sorry no new mail... go sulk in the Dreary wet winter and wish it were still 90 and sunny till 10 PM and that the weeks were short at work and the weekends were long...

pyro
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Avoid searching for unneccessary words like fuel, water, boat, motor, prop, 200, 2.4, 2.5, oil, or gas. Just search for specific relavent terms only, otherwise the search engine has a pissy fit. It has been a known issue for almost a year now. I don't think it can be fixed, even with today's technology.

150aintenuff
10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
it can... but greg would have to stop EVERYTING he is doing, sell his Vking to someone who would use it, buy a Visa, have it restored, and then have it sit for 3 years only to sell it to the person who sold it to him for 10 times its street value.. at less than half gregs restoration cost and some how I just dont see that happening any time soon.... Search functions will be fixed once gregs V king gets used again...

Scream And Fly
10-19-2006, 03:50 AM
I'll check into it. We have some major upgrades coming soon, so we've been extremely busy.

Greg

150aintenuff
10-20-2006, 09:45 PM
what I have learned about computers is that they all can be fixed... it is just a matter of patience, selecting the proper tools, and taking aim at the problem and attacking it with both barrels a blazin... then and only then can the Caliber of the problem be reaized and thus then can be remodied using good ole fassion elbow greese and a bit of thought on the part of the one doin the aimin..

personally I prefer the good ole colt .45... never have had a system I couldnt fix with it...

WATERWINGS
01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I accidentally double clicked on "something" at the top of the page, and it showed me all the threads I have replied to.

This would be helpfull to me since they have me blocked here at work.........but I can't make it do it again.

It said "subscriptions", and they were all there. (all the threads that I was a part of)

Who knows how I can make this happen again?

jphii
01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
It's in the user CP on the left side.

WATERWINGS
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Cool, thx, I will try that.

How have you been lately?

Haven't heard much out of you.

You get that piston changed yet?

jphii
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Had too much going on. I'll be ready soon!

WATERWINGS
01-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I will have a cold one waiting for you.