PDA

View Full Version : email spying software

Lockjaw
10-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Someone tell me a good one to use. I want to be able to monitor my stepsons hotmail account. So I want to be able to capture incoming and outgoing emails.

Anyone got any good recommendations?

pyro
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
You'll need his password to see his e-mail account.

The only other way is to use a hidden keylogger & screenshot program to view the e-mails as they appear. Of course once you use a keylogger, you'll be able to snatch his password without even trying. But, if you log onto his account, he WILL find out about it.

What's this stepson getting into that needs secret "monitoring" anyway? Being sneaky and secretive will only cause more trouble with your relationship. It goes both ways. Talk to him. Good luck.

johnt
10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
the problem is, he can access his email account from anywhere, from any PC that's connected to the internet..scary stuff..

Lockjaw
10-05-2006, 06:00 AM
I need software to monitor it so I can capture the email his dad sends him that we deem inappropriate. Those are handy when you have to go back to court.

My stepson has been nothing more then a mere spy for his manipulative and controlling father.

The other aspect to this is, how many children are the victim of internet predators? Wouldn't you want to catch in coming in versus find out after the fact?

We know the password, Hotmail will not let a minor set up an account, yeah I know.

As for my relationship with him, I decided long ago that as long as I protect him, and teach him how to be a better person, then I have done all I could do.

mendo
10-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Spectorsoft.

http://www.spectorsoft.com/

Get into his account and change his options to "save deleted messages".

then you can check the ones that he gets from other computers because most of the time he won't empty the trash.

My daughter was getting inapropriate stuff from her father as well.
She was really upset about it, too upset to tell us. We found it and it is done.

I was suprised at how much potentially dangerous stuff is being sent to kids.

There is a Sheriff in our community that is monitoring our teens MySpace accounts and has worked with some to stop some of the threats and harrassment that is going on from behind the keyboard. Some of it is pretty nasty.

Fish
10-05-2006, 07:16 AM
if you have his password, then you should be able to login and check incoming and outgoing mesages stored in his account as others have suggested. Unless he has some reason to suspect you are invading his privacy, he probably will not delete the messages regularily.

I understand it is your right/duty to protect him, but as pyro said, it will likely drive you further apart if he finds out you are doing this. I wish you the best of luck, this sounds like a very difficult situation to be in. I would also delete this thread as soon as you find out your answer. just my $.02,

fish

Lost In Space
10-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Mark Foley is an expert on this subject, ask him(lol)!

pyro
10-05-2006, 09:53 AM
if you have his password, then you should be able to login and check incoming and outgoing mesages stored in his account as others have suggested. Unless he has some reason to suspect you are invading his privacy, he probably will not delete the messages regularily.

I understand it is your right/duty to protect him, but as pyro said, it will likely drive you further apart if he finds out you are doing this. I wish you the best of luck, this sounds like a very difficult situation to be in. I would also delete this thread as soon as you find out your answer. just my $.02,

fish

Each time you log in, it will download new messages as "new." When he logs on, he will see massages that are marked as "read" that he does not remember seeing. He is probably smarter than you think, and you WILL get busted if you do this. And YES, it will destroy your relationship with him permanently.