PDA

View Full Version : Holes.......

PHISH
09-28-2006, 04:27 PM
The hole where my outboard hoses go are to big for my bezels. The previous owner just had holes and when I bought outboard hole bezels they are to small for the hole that was made. What should I do to fix this? I am at a loss?

Glasply150
09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I had the same problem with mine. Ended up getting some 1/8" aluminum and making a cover for the hole, then mounting the bezels on the aluminum. My bezels were black so I just painted the aluminum black to match and it looks fine. Glassing over it was just not an option for me.

stokernick
09-28-2006, 06:17 PM
get bigger bezels,or re-glass the holes and redrill.Do it right or you'll never be happy!!

terry taylor
09-30-2006, 04:01 PM
HI. Iike alum. idea have done many fixes with same , choice of shaping can be polished or painted easy to smooth material acually can be fastened with adheasive don,t laugh but i do use a product tube [goop] works great no screws thanks.

PHISH
10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Great :)
I think that's what I will do.

HI. Iike alum. idea have done many fixes with same , choice of shaping can be polished or painted easy to smooth material acually can be fastened with adheasive don,t laugh but i do use a product tube [goop] works great no screws thanks.

WATERWINGS
10-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I had the same problem with mine. Ended up getting some 1/8" aluminum and making a cover for the hole, then mounting the bezels on the aluminum. My bezels were black so I just painted the aluminum black to match and it looks fine. Glassing over it was just not an option for me.

I did the same thing on the 'Stream, worked great.