PDA

View Full Version : My First Problem!!!

beer30
09-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I have a Bob's Jackplate on the boat with the gauge that goes with it. Used the boat Sunday, everything was good. Went out Thursday night to check something and noticed when I turned on the key the gauge didn't indicate the position of the jack. Moved the jack up and down with NO led readout. Came home tonight and made sure the fuse wasn't blown and also checked it with a test light. I got power to the gauge. What else should I look at?? I can't believe anything went bad just like that!!!!:confused: Working Sunday, come back, wash the boat and covered it up. Chuck

Riverratt
09-25-2006, 03:08 PM
I would check the sender back at the jackplate.

beer30
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I would check the sender back at the jackplate.
I got power going into the gauge, but no lights work. If it was the sender, the first light on the gauge would light, but as I moved up it would not register the jack moving. So after taking some time this weekend, I believe the gauge went bad. I don't know how good my guess is, but the gentlemen at Bob's agreed. Thanks for the help, Ralph. :) Chuck

Tom D.
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Chuck,
Mine recently quit too. I haven't really played with it yet but it did work flawlessly to this point. I believe the the small piece that screws to the jack plate with the single screw is a magnet. I'll let you know what I find. One day it didn't work the next it did.

Tom

beer30
09-27-2006, 01:45 AM
How old is yours? :) Chuck

Tom D.
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
How old is yours? :) Chuck
It's about 2 years old.

Tom

beer30
09-27-2006, 03:34 PM
My jack is 6, but the gauge was 3. Should have my new gauge tomorrow, I will get it in the boat fast.:D Chuck

Tom D.
10-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Chuck,
I found a blown fuse on my gauge. Checked all the wiring and is fine. Why it blew I don't know. When I checked the fuse it didn't look blown but it was. I put a new one in and works fine so far. Check your fuse with a meter. I did notice when I got it working again that one of the LED lights did not work but the rest lite up fine.

Tom