PDA

View Full Version : Stereo for Hydrostream

dexfile
09-22-2006, 06:22 AM
I am trying to figure out what kind of system I want to put in my 89' Hydrostream Vegas XT.

I just want something that I can run when I am parked out at the beach. Doesn't need crazy base, I just want pretty good sound quality.

Any suggestions on systems and speaker/receiver locations would be good. Also, would there be any need for an extra battery or amp for this type of setup?

waterdad
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
I was in the same boat last week, I went to Boaters World and they had a Sony Marine Package (Sony CDXR30M Stereo Package) on sale with a $150 rebate, went through the end of this month, so hurry. $298 - $150 = $148. And I'm working on a dual battery setup with an Isolater and battery swith. High cranking batt for the motor and a deep cycle marine for the radio etc...

also getting this little item this week too, gotta have a sub, even a small one will do wonders http://www.butleroutdoorstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1202 This one is a Poly Planer powered (seperate small amp), it's gonna work perfectly

Description: Sony CDXR30M Stereo Package complete Marine CD Music Package Includes a Powerful 208 Watt XM Ready CD Receiver with "Motion Blade" Retractable Faceplate, 80 Watt Marine Quality Speakers and a Water Resistant Cover.

Sony CD-XR30M Stereo Package Features

CD Receiver with Weather Resistant Finish
52W x 4 Channels High Power
Motion Blade Retractable Faceplate
80 Watts Max
Atrac3 Plus Playback/CONNECT Ready
EQ3
XM Ready
CD/MD Changer Control
CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 Playback
61/2" Dual Cone Marine Speakers
Water Resistant Marine Design
Polypropylene Woofer
Rust Resistant Frame & Basket
Strontium Magnet
Universal Water Resistant Cover
Secure Spring Loaded Latch
Long Life Heavy Duty Low Friction Hinges
Dual Spring Support While Cover is Open
Accu-View Tinted Cover<!--

-->

pyro
09-25-2006, 08:46 PM
You can install a deck in the passenger side dash, or you can be clever and install it in the glove box near the top above the door, somewhat out of the way.

Go for a deck with a positive display (black numbers against light background, NOT color-lit numbers against a black background. The former is easy to see in sunlight, the latter is impossible.

dexfile
09-26-2006, 06:41 AM
I went to the boaters world website and didn't see that deal. I did like the fact that they had a decent selection though.

Pyro, what kind of speakers setup did you use in yours?

pyro
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Mine doesn't have one. :rolleyes: The Vegas XT lacks any decent "baffle panel" to mount free-air speakers in. 6 X 9 boxes in the side compartments are known to work well.

waterdad
09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
dexfile, it was in store only I guess. It says on the coupon "Receive $150 rebate when you purchase a Sony CDXR-30MPKG between August 1, 2006 and September 30, 2006 at any Boaters World" . You need your original cash register receipt to mail in with the form. I stumbled on the deal when I walked in there for the first time. Never been there before, kinda made my local West Marine look cheesy. They also had a Captains Club special thing where if you could show that you bought a boat within the last 30 days and had the Bill of Sale (Which I had both) you get a $35 back on the first purchase over $300, BINGO. Couldn't pass it up. Don't forget to get the little RCA accessory that allows you to plug in your iPod to the stereo, no matter what ya go with, chic's will dig it.

Also, I already had 2 marine speakers in the boat and they sound fine (Pioneer Marine) and I'm going to put the two new Sony Marine's in a couple of tower cans, and set them (loose) in the side wells with some extra wire so I can move them around if needed.

dexfile
09-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I am nowhere near texas. That's cool that you got a good deal though. I was actually talking to a place that does custom systems and depending on the quote I get next spring, I may get them to do the install. That way everything will be nice and clean and look good. Otherwise, boom box for the summer and save till next season!