PDA

View Full Version : What FONT did Mercury use for their decals in the 60's and 70's??

motoxconnection
09-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know what font Mercury used in the 60's and 70's for their decals???....especially the word MERCURY on the cowls. I am wanting to use that same font for my new company signs. If anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Rich

Scream And Fly
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Rich, as far as I know, it's a unique font and not something standard.

Bruster
09-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know what font Mercury used in the 60's and 70's for their decals???....especially the word MERCURY on the cowls. I am wanting to use that same font for my new company signs. If anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Rich

Most of that "artwork" originated well over 50 years ago. "Font" wasn't even in the dictionary yet.:D

motoxconnection
09-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I understand that 'FONTS' were not fonts as we know them back then but I was thinking that someone may have recreated it at some point. How are these guys making decals??......just scanning them in??

motoxconnection
09-20-2006, 07:40 AM
anyone??

Bruster
09-20-2006, 07:47 AM
I understand that 'FONTS' were not fonts as we know them back then but I was thinking that someone may have recreated it at some point. How are these guys making decals??......just scanning them in??

That's how we did the 1500XS decals. I copied some originals on my scanner and saved the image in to a PDF fromat. ;)

motoxconnection
09-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks Bruster, I appreciate your feedback. I just have this logo in mind for my new company and I really want to use that style font for the lettering. I may just be S.O.L. Do you know of any fonts that are close to that??

Rich

Bruster
09-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks Bruster, I appreciate your feedback. I just have this logo in mind for my new company and I really want to use that style font for the lettering. I may just be S.O.L. Do you know of any fonts that are close to that??

Rich

No, I don't but there is some guy in Canada making 1500XS bumper stickers:eek:, and selling them on eBay, that's probably close enough for what you want. He may be able to help. :D

bridges
09-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Those vinyl stickers from the Canadian don't look too bad, of course they're not metallic, but some of the smaller stuff could be used and look fine.

I guess if you just want some affordable decals and aren't worried about exact correctness, they'd be all right.