PDA

View Full Version : tandem trailer fender wells

stokernick
09-12-2006, 06:20 PM
The carpeted plywood fender wells have gone to rot and I'd like to replace them.I'm thinking maybe plastic,composite,etc.or just primed and epoxied plywood.Who's done what and how do you like it??:confused:

merc200
09-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I rebuilt my fenders this past spring, I bought a composite 4x8 sheet 3/8 thick from 84 lumber for about 50bucks, I padded it with carpet pad and covered it with vinyl, It comes in white but Krylon fusion paint works great on it, It will never rot.

stokernick
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
kind of what I had in mind.I like Petitt epoxy paint,thanks for the response!

Fast Fig
09-20-2006, 01:28 AM
kind of what I had in mind.I like Petitt epoxy paint,thanks for the response!
Don't you like those after market fiberglass tandem axle fenders with the little built in steps and the textured tops, never worry bout rot. Seenem at Northern down here in FLA. best part you acn spray them to match the boat nad trailer like them fancy bass boys..............very sharp! Now just order them on-line and shut your pie hole crack open anotheran before it gets warm!!! FIG

Hottrucks
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
No wounder he doesn't like you !!

Nice idea but bad presintation......

Hey nick if you hit home cheapo they'll cut you off a piece of pt ply wood the same hieght yo need and you won't pay for the whole sheet just what you took...see ya in Ct

Jeff

stokernick
09-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Fig,keep trying,I have chrome fenders it's the inside wells that need replacing.Thanks for your concern,I'll take that beer now!

Fast Fig
09-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Fig,keep trying,I have chrome fenders it's the inside wells that need replacing.Thanks for your concern,I'll take that beer now!
AND WHY NOT BLACK STARBOARD? It can handle the punishment, without the rotting problem....................that's my humble opinion........sorry Nick if I offended you I extend you an apology in one hand and a beer in the other, now heres your beer.................................LMAO...PEACE! FIG

Hottrucks
09-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Fig he may be a miserable old man But I kinda like him??? I Think??

Nick you going to make the race

stokernick
09-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Fig,not offended a bit,but I'm going to be calling you ''sparkie''because of your electronic connection.......ZAP!!What is black starboard?Jeff,,not the race but maybe Greenwood,and definitely Ct.River.Or were you talking about the human race!!!!!!!!!

Hottrucks
09-21-2006, 07:19 AM
you old knucle dragger..I meant the river race?? I'm heading down Sat. and I guess I'll see ya at the Ct. river run....

Now are your fenders fixed???

Fast Fig
09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Fig,not offended a bit,but I'm going to be calling you ''sparkie''because of your electronic connection.......ZAP!!What is black starboard?Jeff,,not the race but maybe Greenwood,and definitely Ct.River.Or were you talking about the human race!!!!!!!!!
Years back a buddy started his own electrical business and I helped him out for a couple years.......playing with high voltage.......used to call me sparky,LOL. Starboard is a polymer lumber, very dence, available in various colors,resitant to chemicals,comes in sheets all thicknesses, very popular in boating industry these days, basically substituting alot of parts that were beeing built out of wood. available at most marine stores, or any place that carries plastics/plexi ect. This would be ideal for what you are needing to do. Peace! Fig/Sparky........LOL

stokernick
09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
will check it out....Thanks,Sparky!

Hottrucks
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
will check it out....Thanks,Sparky!

SPARKY

ROFLMAO :D :D

stokernick
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: don't know whether it's Sparky or Buffy,where the hell does Fig fit in??:eek: :eek: :eek: :p ;)