PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top on a Viper ?????

69MyWay
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Anybody put one on your Hydrostream?

I am looking at a two rib style.

The problem is we need to get some shade inside the boat for my two year old.

Any pictures of them installed?

Any other options?

I found some at Iboat for under $200 shipped that are generic. A local boat place fabricates on the boat and installs for $400.

Wile E. Coyote
09-11-2006, 10:55 AM
RANDY ( WILD MAN ) from Daytona has someone over there building them for his Check Mates . Contact him , he's a supporting vendor here so you can get ahold of him through S+F . Rich Martin 018:D

69MyWay
09-11-2006, 12:00 PM
RANDY ( WILD MAN ) from Daytona has someone over there building them for his Check Mates . Contact him , he's a supporting vendor here so you can get ahold of him through S+F . Rich Martin 018:D

Cool. I left a message for him. I love his website. There is some fast wet stuff there!

CUSTOM PERFORMANCE 1
09-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I believe I was the first to put a bimini top on an action in 1981. I suggest a 3 bow minimum. You can run with it up to about 50 with aluminum bows and good stainless fasteners. I would have one custom made for your boat so it will lay down behind the rear seat. good Luck:)

Fast Fig
09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
No Disrespect To Anyone, But I Have Owned Many Slick Looking Little Per Formance Boats Through The Years & Could Not Find Myself Bolting Down A Bimini Top, It's So Estheticaly Wrong Looking, But Before You Get Upset, Or Bolt Something On , Check-out The Anchor Shade Bytaylor Sells For Under $200.00 And Could Be Bought At West Marine Or Any Other Marine Stores Like That. It's Easy To Pop-up It's Sturdy & Cover As Much(6'x6') Or More Than A Bimini And Is Not A Permanent Isor , Specialy On A Sexy Looking Viper, Don't Do It...................... Peace Fig

hsbob
01-19-2007, 10:23 AM
its been done for years on hydrostreams. the 80 streams had a stroage area behind the rear seat to even store while down. my son has one but hasnt used it in three years

NNT
01-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Put the kid in a cooler when it gets too hot out,or under the front deck http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Raceman
01-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Man, I can't imagine anything worse than puttin' a bimini on a Viper. It'd be about like puttin' a set of fender skirts on a Ferrari.:eek:

TD
02-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I think it would be fine. I am putting one on my Riot and just like Performance said, have it made locally so it will run with the lines of the boat. These custom guys can make them look right!

Ain't nothing uglier than a Stream with no windshield. Well, not quite right as Iv'e seen pics of some of you guys!!:D

jmc
02-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Nothing wrong with a top. Yeah, they dont really add to the go-fast factor but they sure are nice in the middle of summer. If everyone tried one they probably wouldnt do without it. There are some west coast guys building them with stainless frames and mesh fabrics or materials that allow the wind to pass through. They rate these at 90mph but I have used mine well over 100 with no problems.

pyro
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I have a 4-bow cockpit-plus-sized Overton's bimini top, and I love it. I rarely use it, but it's really nice when the sun gets too hot. I have also waited out a small rainstorm once without getting my interior wet.

mercpunk
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
hey 69way arent you in auburndale or something gimme a p.m. im also in the middle of restoring a viper :D i think i even know the one you got did it have a inline on it ?

Daystreamer
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
[/quote] There are some west coast guys building them with stainless frames and mesh fabrics or materials that allow the wind to pass through. They rate these at 90mph but I have used mine well over 100 with no problems.[/quote]

you wouldn't happen to have a link or name for those west coast guys by chance??