PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Switzer 16' Hugger

coyn0839
09-01-2006, 07:54 AM
I just bought a blank hull and deck that I am looking to restore to close to original or maybe rod it out a little. This is my first attempt at anything like this. Does anyone have specs, pictures or any info at all on this boat. I am looking for pictures of both interior and exterior. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mercboat
09-01-2006, 02:51 PM
I have a 1974 Super Hugger that was built 200LBS lighter for racing,and raced by Tony Sitar in 1974-5. He is located in Illinois.
Put "Hugger" in search in "Racing History". You will find some chat about them. Some site has an old Switzer catalog that shows these boats. Powercat maybe?

coyn0839
09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I actually searched for this before I posted but could not find anything on this boat. Seems not too many people are intersted in this switzer. Most posts are about the wing. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

smirnoff
09-02-2006, 08:55 AM
You may want to search for boat dealers around Grand Blanc, Michigan.....I saw a 16' Switzer Hugger there years ago while searching for a Cougar Cat, they had photos & original sales literature of the boat...... :confused:

mercboat
09-02-2006, 10:14 AM
LIKE I SAID, put in the name "Hugger" in search in this forum, "Racing History". You will find some chat about these boats. I remembered where the Switzer catalog is, it is in the Hydrostream website. Excellent pictures of this vintage Hugger.