PDA

View Full Version : Is JSRE's website down?

Skirace87
08-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Can't get it to open up

Jay Smith
08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry your having trouble , I tried using www.jaysmithracing.com (http://www.jaysmithracing.com) and went through the S&F vendor link and it poped right up no issues !

Dunno !

Skirace87
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks Jay, sent you a PM

Cheers

Dan

craddock
08-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Interesting. I just assumed your website was no longer a valid url. I have not been able to get on it for the last couple months on either of my computers trying both IE and Firefox browsers.

Jay Smith
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Hummmm ,
Thats weird I can get on it Cat Quick ???????? ( From all avenues )
Anyone else having problems ?

Riverratt
08-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Your link in post number 2 took me right in.

BoatGoFaster1
08-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Jaysmithracing.com is not found

Both on Comcast (cable) and Verizon (DSL)

been this way for months

need4speed2
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
same here,ive been trying to get on a couple of times,no luck,ive got comcast also,bobby

M.CHAPMAN
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
No problems here it loads quick.

http://www.jaysmithracing.com/

riverrunner114
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Jaysmithracing.com is not found

Both on Comcast (cable) and Verizon (DSL)

been this way for months

I tried it with the "J" capitialized the way you typed it and my browser automaticly changed it to a lower case letter. maybe your browser isn't doing that..? try using all lower case letters..

john

Scream And Fly
08-29-2006, 08:01 PM
The site loads without issues here...

Glasply150
08-30-2006, 11:42 AM
I just tried it from the lab at my school. Cannot Find Server....

oldgeezer
08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I tried it from both Google and the vendor index on S+F and NEITHER worked. My ISP is Comcast.

us1
08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
It works on my computer.

BoatGoFaster1
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Something is up with jay's website.

I think that in the great internet, the address's that point to websites (servers) are populated in various places. I think these are stored in something like super routers. So when I type in a website on my browser and the request goes out to the internet, it finds one of these routers which then directs my command to the appropriate IP address (website). Somebody that is more technical can probably explain this better.

My guess is that somewhere along the line, Jays website is not being properly resolved. Somethings been corrupted or not properly loaded out to the Internet.

If it were me, I would contact my ISP and tell that that across the country various people have found that they can not find my website and ask them to look into it.

I can not find jay's website on my Comcast connection, 2 different PC's nor can I find it on my DSL connection, another PC.

Scream And Fly
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Jay's website is hosted by my servers. If you can access Scream And Fly (which is clear that you can), then there is no problem on that end.

Looks like a Comcast issue to me, but I'll look into it.

Greg

BoatGoFaster1
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
It also does not work on Verizon DSL

I can access every other vendor on your list

Scream And Fly
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Are you using any cookie blockers, internet filters, or any specific firewall that could be blocking access?

BoatGoFaster1
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
no

And the Verizon DSL computer is a freshly setup PC, it has no virus software, spyware programs, nothing except Explorer and Netscape, No extra junk on that one

Scream And Fly
08-30-2006, 01:12 PM
the Verizon DSL computer is a freshly setup PC, it has no virus software, spyware programs, nothing except Explorer and Netscape
Connected to the Internet with no virus protection, spyware protection, or a firewall? I would say that's a big problem in itself.

I wouldn't have any of my machines connected for 20 seconds without any of that.

-- Greg

STV_Keith
08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Try going to a DOS window (called COMMAND PROMPT by some Windows versions) and type in:

ping www.jaysmithracing.com

See if that resolves to an IP address (216.16.122.140) or not. If it does not resolve, or resolves to a different IP address, type in:

ipconfig /flushdns

Then try it again. If that still doesn't work, try calling your internet provider and making sure that your DNS server search order is correct (they will know what this is even if you don't). :)

oldgeezer
08-30-2006, 01:38 PM
I was able to ping the site and my provider is Comcast. Follow this link though-
http://www.betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?verification=2833&domain=jaysmithracing.com&submitbtn=Continue Jay needs to contact Network Solutions to have them resolve the problem. Hope that this helps.

150aintenuff
09-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Then try it again. If that still doesn't work, try calling your internet provider and making sure that your DNS server search order is correct (they will know what this is even if you don't). :)

you give tech support at comcast to much credit..... as a tech in the feild at one time in my long list of employment, i was constantly getting calls from their tech support asking if such and such would work for a customer.. granted i helped set up the service in our area when it first came out under the @ home lable for AT&T.. but the tech support may not even know how to flush DNS..

150aintenuff
09-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Connected to the Internet with no virus protection, spyware protection, or a firewall? I would say that's a big problem in itself.

I wouldn't have any of my machines connected for 20 seconds without any of that.

-- Greg

Verizon connection point is a hardwhare router and switch.. so yes he does have some protection(minimal), and ive ran that same way with out ANY ISSUES for 6 years. the only time i ever had any problems with a virus gettin on a computer was when my sister inlaw went to college and they installed Norton professional.... 2 hours later she had 90 robots, 45 viruses, and 13 worms that crashed her computer. after a reboot and a call to the schools IT department to prove that the install of norton was the only change done to her machine which arrived totally clean less than a day before she has gone to scholl for 4 years (senior this year) and never had a virus problem and she runs a clean machine behind a router and a building NAT server.

150aintenuff
09-03-2006, 10:52 PM
comcast issue... doesnt work for me either... on 3 brousers, cant ping it either.. but has a 15 ping time to screamandfly..

Scream And Fly
09-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I located a DNS issue - it will be corrected this week.

Greg