PDA

View Full Version : Preping V-king trailer for long haul

baja200merk
07-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I am going down to school in florida and i WILL be bringing the vking/200johnnyrude with me... I have it on an older trailer anything you suggest i do to prep it for the long haul? I am going to add 2 more bunks (2x6s) along with the 2x4s that are on there.

should i change the bearings? or just grease them?

should i pull the power head? lessen the weight on the back?:rolleyes:

thanks
kevin:D

Riverman
07-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Bearings are cheap. Change 'em. Also buy new tires, you won't regret it.

Rickracer
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
That way ya got a couple of spares. ;) :cool:

baja200merk
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
you guys vote leave the motor in tact? should i pull the powerhead so im not beating on the transom for 1300miles? waste of time?

kevin

Hottrucks
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Only thing I might think about besides tires and bearings is removing the lower......Only because of the chance of it disapearing ( stolen) whne you lay over if you have a sfe place to store it and are doing a non stop like I do then RUN IT!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

ps check your springs and hangers also!! a quick spray lube on the won't hurt....Keep in mind also if you use it in the salt water RUST!!!! so depending on the shape of it you may want to give it a squirt of paint to make it last a bit longer...or think about upgrading to Aluminum once your there you can shop them pretty cheap in Fla....

baja200merk
07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
im keepin my eyes open for a trailer cause the one i have is an ugly galvinized one... id like somthing a bit easier on the eyes...

i should prolly jack up the motor instead of trimming it right?

kevin

Hottrucks
07-27-2006, 03:15 PM
add a transom support from the trailer to the lower unit it will take the stress off the transom for the ride..... there cheap insurance. at least the galvy will last longer than an old steel trailer in the salt water