PDA

View Full Version : cant see pics in thumb nail boxes!!

robert jordan
07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
does any body know why i can not see pics in the attach thumb nail boxes? when i click on a thread with a attached thumb nail box i can see the box but nothing is in box at all nothing to click on at all. when i use my moms computer i can see pics. any advice guys? thanks.

pyro
07-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Clear your cookies (internet temp files)

The old cookies have been known to make Scream and Fly do all kinds of wierd stuff.

robert jordan
07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
thanks pyro cleared all temp files and cookies and still no pics. also no bodys aviators move around and the ads never change like they do on my moms computer. any other advice? i love this site and want to see all the pics!!! thanks.

Scream And Fly
07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Which browser are you using?

mickeyjr
07-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Did you sell your boat yet?

robert jordan
07-26-2006, 07:02 AM
scream and fly administator,when i had A O L dial up service every thing was normall but really slow! so i switched to mediacom cable internet,it is very fast but that is when i noticed no pics. not sure how to tell what browser im using. im not very computer smart only had one for about a year. can u tell me how to check on what browser im useing?
yes micky jr. still have boat. nobody seemed to want it so i guess i will hang on to it and maybe one day put another motor on it!
thanks

pyro
07-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Internet Explorer?
Netscape?
Mozilla FireFox?
Opera?

The title on the blue bar. What you click on to surf the net.
Clcik HELP menu, and click ABOUT.
That will tell you what browser and what version...

robert jordan
07-26-2006, 11:01 AM
thanks for the help pyro. i am useing internet explorer

robert jordan
07-30-2006, 08:57 AM
ok guys this is really driving me crazy! when i am on byu boyz web site i can see the pics in there attachment boxes so why not here? am i the only one who has this problem and why dont the ads change like they should and aviators dont move around? this is not a joke. should i call my internet provider? i think some one must know how to fix this problem. not seeing all the pics makes it alot less fun to come to this site. some one please help me!!!! thanks very much

stevek
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Do you have a firewall running on your PC, if so what kind and what are its settings? This may be your problem. When I recently installed a firewall I had to change some of the default settings to allow the thumbnail pics to display.

robert jordan
07-30-2006, 09:55 AM
thanks Stevek, i am useing e trust fire wall by computer associates.internet zone was set on high but i turned it off and still cant see pics. so i turned it back on. what did u change on your fire wall to make pics show up? some one else said fire wall might be the problem also but i dont know what to turn up or down. this computer stuff gets the better of me as i dont know much about them. but thanks for the help.

skidoo29
07-30-2006, 10:44 AM
erase all cookies and temorary internet files.
reboot computer.
turn off firewall , not just part of it all of it.
turn off any antivirus software
log back on to S&F and see if the problem is still there.
start turning sections of antivirus and firewall on one at a time until it stops working.
chances are it is part of one of those two programs.
I know with the new norton antivirus it has to learn some of your repeated websites before it will allow stuff.
if you are on a network it make sit even worse.

also as a side thought click on tools at the top of your browser and then click on internet options, go to the securities tab and make sure things are not set on too high of a security setting

let me know how it works out for ya

warren

stevek
07-30-2006, 11:20 AM
thanks Stevek, i am useing e trust fire wall by computer associates.internet zone was set on high but i turned it off and still cant see pics. so i turned it back on. what did u change on your fire wall to make pics show up? some one else said fire wall might be the problem also but i dont know what to turn up or down. this computer stuff gets the better of me as i dont know much about them. but thanks for the help.

I had to set both Internet zone securities to Med. If you shut it down you should be able to see the pics too. If you cant see the thumbnail pics with the firewall off there is something else effecting them as well as the firewall settings.

robert jordan
07-31-2006, 02:15 PM
thanks skidoo 29 for the advise. icalled my internet tech line for help yesterday and the guy had me try all kinds of stuff you know go here open this close that.went places i didnt even know exsisted!even tried it with fire wall off. still did not have any luck. he did not think my anti virus could be the problem.but i will try turning it off like you say and do the steps you said as soon as i am less frustrated with this darn computer it is giving me a head acke. mediacom teck support did not have the anser. they told me to call the geek squad for help or try another browser! thanks

oldschoolltv
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
OK this is going over my head i am going to use my old computer if this keeps up, Matt

Scream And Fly
08-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but try installing Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/) and use that to view the site. Firefox is free and pretty good.

150aintenuff
08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
opera works well to.... had it since version 1 and now they are on 9 its just as good as fire fox or better..

150aintenuff
08-05-2006, 03:19 PM

that fire wall is over secure... my parrents have it and i disable it and then things work fine... with it on everything grinds to a halt due to its restrictivness.... good for big corperate network files.. bad for standard brousing... change to firefox or opera and ditch the firewall..

Scream And Fly
08-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Use Zone Alarm for a software firewall. Case closed. I would never have a connection to the Internet without a hardware and software firewall. My home hardware choice is the Cisco PIX-501, but usually any good consumer-grade router with a SPI firewall will do.

--Greg

robert jordan
08-06-2006, 08:12 AM
thank you to every body for all the help. i could not solve the problem by my self or by calling my internet support line!! it was my FIRE WALL the hole time. finally figured out how to turn it off.then cleared all cookies and restarted my computer and everything is fine now!! i can see all the pics and peoples aviators are moving and the ads are changing like they should. this is great,its like a whole different site!! i am very happy now!! thank you guys very much!!!!!