PDA

View Full Version : SYNERGYN Oil??

shep70057
07-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Anyone ever heard of or used this oil in their motor?? Any thoughts???

Here is a shortcut..

http://www.nelsonmotorsports.com/synoils2cycle.php

Dutch
07-25-2006, 08:35 PM
i used it for awhile. sam baker sold it.
it smelled like tranny fluid and it seemed
like it was "sticky". i never had any problems
with it i just switched because i didnt want to
have to order oil from far away everytime i
needed some.

sms
07-26-2006, 02:59 PM
I used it for a couple years, no problems noticed. It produced no smoke, which was nice in long idle zones.
Like Dutch, availability was not that great, I bought it from a car race engine builder's shop off the shelf, but now would have to order.

Sam Baker
07-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I thought it worked fine. I'm not sure, but maybe Dutch is thinking of the gear lube we used to use from them. They make a great machining lube that works GREAT as gear lube. It has great adhesion, but sticks to the gears very well - doesn't get thrown around by the spinning forces of the gears and doesn't bubble or foam as much as many gear lubes. I never noticed an odd smell to the regular boat oil. It was inexpensive by comparison, but I wouldn't say it's a ton better than any other out on the market.

shep70057
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys.... just wondered if this was something that was rather new... Think I'll stay with my Royal Purple and Mercury Oils.

zookimota
07-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm currently using it in my GT150. Like the "no smoke" part of it. Has a sort of sweet smell rather than oil smoke smell. Been running it for about a year with no problems so far. Mixing 50:1 in the tank. Also running it in a Zuki 140 with Oil injection. It smokes less than Pennzoil pure synthetic and smells a little better. Haven't pulled any heads or opened any engines so can't say more about it. Plugs do look good tho after running it awhile. As far as price, about $6 a quart in case lots.
I buy directly from Dyson here in Oklahoma, they ship to my door COD.