PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Seadoo Challenger 210 V6

thefrustrated1
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
ok guys, I need help bad !!! I have a 2000 Seadoo Challenger 1800 with a brand new Merc 210 V6 just installed. (2 stroke) Also installed were the new throttle bodies I guess he called them . the boat is perfect in every way except running !!!!! here are the symptoms:

1. a little hard to start
2. miss fires at idle
3. burns fuel like a bandit
4. runs decent up to 35-40 MPH
5. once up to about 50 MPh it starts to lag, or cut out then speed up then cut out ....

Other notables, my mechanic has rebuilt the mechanical fuel pump and also replaced the stator in the distributer..

Any suggestions ?? I am getting disgusted !!!

Thanks
Bob

150aintenuff
07-29-2006, 01:11 AM
something isnt right in the fuel delivery.. not that jets are that efficient but look to the feuel system and also ditch the mechanical pump on the motor for a Carter Marine Electric 5.5 PSI fuel pump wired into the ign. side of the key switch... higher flow rate and much more constant pressure in the lines.. that motor should be turn key start and run flawlessly.. SJ motors are just a 2.5l fissin motor powerhead off of a outboard mounted to a pump housing and rated directly at the crank it sounds to me like it takes a while to pump fuel into the motor.. runs fine while at low speeds and then at higher speeds it is starving for fuel... retest with an electric hooked up and see if the problem still persists..