PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio question

Lockjaw
06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Does anyone have one of these? Have you tried the little signal booster deal that plugs from the head unit into the antena wire going into the back of the radio?

I wondered how much of an improvement it made.

Hydrasports205
06-20-2006, 01:59 PM
don't have one but interested to hear if they're worth havin.....the wife wants one...

Fish
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I have sirius but not the booster. Love the sirius more than I expected; don't listen to regular radio anymore... just like everyone said but I did not believe them until I got it.

pengilly
06-20-2006, 07:02 PM
If you like rock stay with sirius. had both xm sucks

david martin
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I have sirius radio and love it!!!!! I have it in my Chaparral,F-250 truck,Stingray and the suburban.I dont have many problems with reception but at times do loose it at times(I am talking seconds).I need info on this booster.
Thanks
David

Lockjaw
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=658612&catParentID=7872&scId=7872

Check the link. Its 20 bucks basically.

I hear a little buzzing, sounds almost like a speaker is starting down the path of being blown, and of course its not. Don't hear it all the time, but it irritates the heck out of me.

Other then that, the thing works pretty good. I do have it hooked up to an XM antenna though, it came on my truck.

I could do without the gay station even showing up, and the Left talk one, but other then that, its got some cool stuff.

VectorPat
06-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I have XM now and will be changing to Sirius when I get my new truck next month. XM has commercials and some of the talk stations sound like AM.

j.iverson
06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I've got both, XM came with my truck and has funny talk radio like Opie and Anthony. We get Sirius on our satelite dish, hands down way better music on Sirius.

Lockjaw
06-22-2006, 09:24 PM
If you expect sirius to not have commercials, I got news for you, they do. :(

VectorPat
07-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I just got Sirius. It is much better than XM. The only comercials I have heard were on the talk stations. I havnt heard any on the Sirius music channels. Also they dont censor there music near as bad as XM. It does seem to loose signal pretty easily though, maybe I need the booster. I must say that my XM sounded better on the music channels. Not sure if its because I had the XM going through the tape adaptor and now I use either the FM modulator or Aux input.