PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Here Are The Dates For "BALZ TO THE WALL" formerly "Pre-Firewater North"

Balzy
03-19-2002, 10:50 PM
For the last few years we have called this Pre-Firewater. Due to pressure from a good friend, Ken Warby, we have changed the name of the event. (Ken said he wouldn’t come if I didn’t change the name)

The event is held in Eastern Wisconsin on and around Lake Winnebago and the Wolf and Fox River. It’s one hour north of Milwaukee. We have had success having everyone stay in FonDuLac, Home of Mercury Production and Mercury Racing. I will work out special rates for the hotel again this year. Very reasonable rates.

The festivities will include a lot of the same things we have had success with before along with a few new surprises. The whole thing kicks off on Saturday August 17th. If you can’t make it that early that’s ok because Saturday and Sunday will be for people to get into town and do some informal parking lot bench racing and maybe even some boating too. Nothing is defined yet but we may be able to tie this in, if the dates work out, with Sunset Taverns “King Of The Lake” speed runs. We may have a grass roots drag race day at Lake Koshkonong near Fort Atkinson WI also. The real excitement starts on Monday the 19th and goes through Wednesday the 21st. We will continue the Mercury Racing Plant Tour, Prop Testing (props supplied by Dennis Cavenaugh of Merc), Poker Run / Rally type boating event, Charity dinner, Raffles, Prizes, Fry out at my house, etc. Mercury Racing has offered some great discounts on clothing and acc. because it is a charity event. (last year we wiped out Mark's race trailer) As in past years there will be a small fee charged to attend the event (probably $20.00 to $25.00 a head) all the proceeds will go to charity. Last year we had a great success for the first year of the donation breaking $1,700.00 to March of Dimes !!!!!!!!! We had a newspaper article written with pictures and gave ourselves as hot boaters a great name in the eyes of the public. After it was all over John Dorn made up CD’s with pictures and videos. We sold them and donated half ($350.00) along with the Scream and Fly donation to the relief fund for the 9-11 disaster and the other half ($350.00) is going to March of Dimes. That’s over two grand for March of Dimes, not bad for the first year out of the box. That’s what we hope to do again this year only bigger and better.

Her is a link to an add we had for the CD’s. There are a few sample pics from last years event here. http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandflymagazine/firewater%202001.html

Here is a link to a thread that John Dorn posted a bunch of pics from last year. http://forums.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?threadid=9416

Here is another link to a one more thread that John Dorn posted more pics from last year.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?threadid=9372

As you can see from the pictures, we have a good time at this event. So if you are interested, you can post here. If you have any questions, put em here so everyone can get them answered at once. For other info, e-mail me at Mbalz@charter.net

Here is a teaser pic of the way we got water out to one the boats to run a fresh powerhead in the parking lot of the hotel last year. Notice the duct tape? Oh ya, That's right, it's holding that hose on that facet!!!!!! "Remember, If you can't fix it, duck it" :eek: :eek:

Mach2
03-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Balzy, You can count me in again this year! Last year was a blast. By the way, you interested in doing some boating in your neck of the woods in the middle of May? I want to learn more about the waters in your area.

Balzy
03-20-2002, 04:49 PM
our usual Easter Sunday romp. Easter being in March this year makes it a little iffy. We might have to push the ice from shore. May is on for sure. Let me know, we will be out whenever the weather is good.

Hydrovector
03-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey buddy just let us know what we can do to help you out this year. Were there to help on what ever we can!!!!!

Balzy
03-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Thanks, I am gonna take as much help as I can this year, last year was a ton of work. Don't know how these guys pull off these events with 100+ boats. Instigator, you're gonna have your hands full this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cp
03-20-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Balzy
Easter being in March this year makes it a little iffy. We might have to push the ice from shore. May is on for sure. :rolleyes:

Maybe no place to bote in WS in late March, DUUhhh... But in MN? Swing dem rigs over here. The water's ready to go now , but dere's flakes in the air here now (not you, SteveA), but that won't stop us. The airs cold and the Merc luv it. If ya need directions, call :confused:

Balzy
03-21-2002, 12:09 AM
You guys were still driving cars on the lakes, not boats........

NPK2003
03-21-2002, 12:15 AM
I am having a hard time typing this 'cause you made me laugh so hard.

We need to meet at Weasels during a fund raiser this year!
!:eek:

Cp
03-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Nobody said any thing about LAKES. Just one more difference between the real BOATING mindset and the CHEEESEHEAD mindset. We're actually boating north of Chi-town.... Yuns just wish ya knew what liquid looked like outside of your drink glass? whooopss, did I over-correct? Am I goin g to HOOK? whooopsss, something else you WisConsites don't understand. Hmmmmm.

regards, Cp

i's jest bored, tired and countin the minutes till Spring......Whoooopsssss..... times UP. Spring here!!!!

Cp
03-21-2002, 12:31 AM
..didn't know you were still up. I really wasn't reefering to you with the hook comment. Pretty sure you know how DAT works. You're right about the bar deal, but how about the World Famous Slippery's sometime? Cp

Cp
03-21-2002, 01:21 AM
...your 'fest' is going to be the 'best', I'm sure. No matter what the boys in FL or even LA think, there's no better boatin than what we have here in the Northland. It definitely don't last more'n eleven or twelve months a year or so, but no one enjoys it more than us when it's here. Az fer da Fest Balzy, our plans for August are about 8 months out, but 'you bet your your sweet bippy' I just might sneak over there this year.....hehe. Cp

PS - anyone that can tell what a 'bippy' is and who coined the above phrase will win a free pair of used Merc 40A regulators... hehe.

SleeveA
03-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Oh-boy "BALZ TO THE WALL FEST"

CP you crack me up!!!!!!!! Are you going this year?
"Flake"

Last year was a Blast!! 11 days of burning fuel and even a few brain cells were lost due to a rain cloud or 2, or maybe it was just nighttime?? (not sure, Balzy said it was raining)

Anyone that is thinking about going,
GO!!!!!

Here is a pic of one of the rivers S.N.W. zones during the poker run!

SleeveA
03-21-2002, 01:17 PM
:D :cool: :cool: :D

NPK2003
03-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Steve A. You Rascal!

I just want you all to know that Steve A. is a true gentleman. WHY?

Well it's not that he's a Southern Bred Gentleman from T-Rex's swamp. It's because he did not mention that when my perrd'y little Euro made it over the dam and back into the water, it would not start! What's worse, is that I knew it wasn't going to start because T-man towed me to the dam with his indistructable OMC 225/Vector Blue Bayou! My battery would not "Put Out!" Kinda like when I was young and dating and Drive-in movies were still around. Balzy had one of those fancy jumper-pac yellow thingies and got me going for a while. But that's a long story.

When I checked out the charging system the next day, it was perfect So I checked the battery and found the problem. Somehow, the battery cells must have been topped off with "ROSES OF LIME"! Anybody know who drinks Vodka Gimlets?:rolleyes:

Balzy
03-22-2002, 12:04 AM
T-Man's Vector has a two-thirsty-five, not a 225. And by the way it ran last year it was was putt'n out more like wellllllllllllllllllllllll, way more than two-thirsty-five. Put it this way, after Ruck got done grinding his last block and the T-Man tool another 20 pounds or so out of it, he bought a motor from Rich S. and that SOB ran hard. Untillllllllllllllllllllll, T-man tried pushing the timing to about 100% btdc. Gotta give it to them OMC boys, they keep trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Here is another picture of the lift at Nickfest..........

RichS
03-27-2002, 09:24 AM
some pizza and put him up for the night and he still can't remember your name:eek: Maybe cause he drank to much Beer! Speakin of evenfire x-flows, where's T-man, does he have that thing back together yet?

Balzy
03-27-2002, 10:57 AM
LOL, it must have been too much beer the night I typed Jim in there. It's all fixed now. As far as T-man goes, he's been busy moving so he stil;l has to assemble it. He'll be ready soon though. Can you make it to "BTTW" fest? If you don't want to wear out your drag motor we will find you a ride !!!!!!!!!

RichS
03-27-2002, 12:18 PM
Depends on the racing schedule and the BOSSES work schedule ;) I want to see the HiPo division!!!!!!!! And of course drink some cold ones with ya eh.:D :D

Laker
03-27-2002, 12:35 PM
COOL
I have alwasy wanted to run the Ventrua on the FOX.

NPK2003
03-28-2002, 12:41 AM
Recently, I had a terrible bout with the flu and associated diarehia. I noticed the toilet paper had some red stains on it after three days of warming the bowl. So I had to take a peek in the mirror and I swear I saw the same color as the Vee of the VP bottom of that HST going over the dam. I was able to get my bottom in shape with Imodium AD and Pepto! Balzy! You need some additives! Unless of course, that's a female HST!

Oh-OOO! He is, ahh, was my bestest buddy!

Crappie Fest is almost here!

Nick K;)

Balzy
03-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Sometimes I think the HST is a woman on the rag. Liek the last time you towed me in dragging my WHOLE propshaft in the water. Long story....... When ya wanna do Crappiefest? I'm ready for it. Are we useing the Ally or the Bennington this year???????

halveb
04-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Better use the luxury liner in case there is a repeat of the flu symptoms you'll have the porta-pottie. Balzy I will probably make the BTTW Fest but not until Sunday. I am going to have my trapshooting party that Saturday and as soon as I sober up, well I'll be there.

T-Man and I have lots o work to do on the HST just have to decide where (Appleton or Mc Farland). Gotta pop the deck and glass in some new attachment blocks as she is coming apart at the seams. When she is split apart time for new battery mount (probably in the goofy easy to get at Balzy location), new gas tank (no more running out of fuel after 1 1/2 hours of boating, new interior, hey that's pretty much a new boat.

Can't wait for summer.

Balzy
04-15-2002, 09:26 PM
on my website.

Balz To The Wall (http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/montana/513/id41.htm)