PDA

View Full Version : 99 F-250 Powerstroke programmer input

hdtwncam88
04-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Just purchased this truck and everyone i've spoken with talks about the new Edge Evolution (60, 80, 100 hp). They say its not the most powerful but is the most user friendly in terms of check engine lights, and the best for fuel economy. Just ordered a K&N FIPK, The Evolution, and have a 4" exhaust from the turbo back coming also. Whats everyone else running.

Thanks

Bill Schwab
04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
We quit running Fords because of rubber band drive transmissions. Especially that '99 version. It would have had a 4R100, or even an early E-4OD. You add more juice to the motor you'll be very lucky to get 10K out of a tranny. The biggest issue with them is Fords engineers chose to design their trannies so they won't flow oil in reverse gear. So, it sits inside cooking and will push the front seal out of the case. Second genious idea was to loc tite the seal in rather than snap rings. So, after the tranny pushes the seal out, you put it in park, and get ready to drive....Next move is all the oil squirts out the front on to to ground and cooks the pump. $2200 later you'll wish you got a stick shift of a Chevy with an Allison. Have not had one single issue with any of our fleet since we switched.

So, my advice, leave that engine alone unless you have all kinds of money to waste on transmissions that can't pull a booger out of a wet bucket of snot. Then you will get a few more miles, but it's pretty bleak with how they were designed.

CUSTOM PERFORMANCE 1
04-02-2006, 07:53 PM
You weill be very pleased with Edge Products. I run their products in my Dodge. They are user friendly and best of all they perform exactly as Edge advertises, NOT like Banks products. Theses are dyno proven on a chassis dyno with output figures at the rear tires. Log onto Edge Products or Dieseldynamics.com for dyno charts.:)

6Killer
05-19-2006, 10:49 AM
We quit running Fords because of rubber band drive transmissions. Especially that '99 version...................

I find this interesting, especially in light of the fact I have 260K miles on my '99 F250CC PSD w/full Banks PowerPack (it ROCKS!) and the original unmolested tranny. Either I am doing something very right or you are doing something very wrong.

CLIMATEMASTER
07-29-2006, 02:50 AM
My '01 F350 tranny went out at 77k miles,two weeks after buying an '06. 3 grand later.....I am strongly thinking of an Banks torque converter upgrade on my '06 F250.

As far as tuners go I have a 6 gun PDA with 4" Monster exhaust. It gets 23-25 mpg hiway and 18-20 around town on level 6(play mode), if I stay out of the throttle. It has plenty of power on level 5 (fuel economy on light throttle). Level 4 is to mode. I didn't notice much difference between level 1 and 3. I am yet to click the release icon to activate level 7, the speed loader. More interested in longevity. The power is definately fun though. I went from 380 miles per tank to over 500.

I'm ordering a 6 gun for my F350 just for the milage increase. Going to mount the controler under the dash set it and never tell the service tech that drives it about it.