PDA

View Full Version : Got pussy FUR on my boat !!!

inspectorlance
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM
How to keep the cats off of my boat ?? I just bought a new place out in the counrty , and there are about 6 wild cats wondering around. The house has a nice four car garage, but to my surprise, the garage door openings are 8' wide and so is the boat trailer. I have to store the boat under a lean too off of an old dairy barn out back till I build a new shop.

I have seen some sprays at the hardware store called Critter Ridder, and some where I seen cougar piss to keep cat away.
Whats the best way to keep there cats away from the boat ??? Do these things even work ?? Got fur all over the cover. Must be a nice warm dry place to nap.

Lance

1BadAction
03-23-2006, 06:51 PM
the best pussy is hairless...

http://www.beesocattery.com/gallery/1-photogallery.jpg
:D

inspectorlance
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
that should scare them away.

now that I know they are sleeping on my boat ,
I wont be able to sleep at night thinking about it.

any ideas ?

inspectorlance
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
THE F,,,CK,N CAT JUST **** ON MY BACK SUN DECK !!!!! I had pulled the cover off to play with the boat. I was in the garage that only has 8' wide doors working on a gearcase. THIS IS WAR !!!!!

LANCE

1BadAction
03-23-2006, 09:08 PM
OMFG LMAO! that aint rite... sounds like its time to give them some lead poisoning

inspectorlance
03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
just cleaned it up, lucky it was dry. I will try the sprays first. if you guys love cats , ya better tell me what works , besides testing if the cat has allready used up 8 of 9 lives. on my way to the hardware store to p/u critter ridder spray, and some cat food to place on the front porch to show the cat that there are not hard feelings(: hopefully he just sits there and eats the food like a good kitty.

Euroski
03-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Big Dogs... do very well. I know, I live in the country and with my neighbor's dogs there are no cats to worry about.

jphii
03-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I would say a BB gun or a .22. Or you can always load a .44 mag up with snake shot. And I have a cat. That's what I'd do to mine if it **** on my boat.

inspectorlance
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
On my way out the door to the hardware store I found him on my front porch. Of course I have the 410 over the door with buck shot................. he just sat there looking at me. Well, I decided to let him live, and I went to the store and got the spray. Will be getting a dog next week.

barr151
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
your life: http://www.screamandfly.com/home/screamtoons/images/boat%20cover%20needed%20colored.jpg

150aintenuff
03-24-2006, 01:35 AM
OMFG ROFLMFAO... thats great.... lance easiest way to rid yerself of cats is a good old fassioned wrist rocket.. and or a well placed shot with a 22... 410 makes to big of mess.. and stray shot may find its way into the sides of yer boat..

pyro
03-24-2006, 06:16 AM
He's got a point about the mice. Stray cats that aren't few by people will have a huge impact on the small rodent population. Mice can gete under your cover, cats cannot.

Pags
03-24-2006, 06:57 PM
the best pussy is hairless...

http://www.beesocattery.com/gallery/1-photogallery.jpg
:D
LMAO :D

Trikki1010
03-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Got a couple feral cats running the fields out back.:rolleyes:

I keep them at bay, the same way I do the woodchucks;)

HB .223 w/ 57 g. hornady handload:cool:

They only cost .50 cents apeice and you can reach out REAL FAR:D :D

That way the buzzards can clean 'em up:eek: :eek:

AND, no dog crap:p

inspectorlance
03-24-2006, 08:02 PM
buzzards gotta Eat same as a worm, " Clint Eastwood " I allways wanted to use that line, now I finally got my chance :)

I got to use the line, " Ya cant piss down my back , and tell me its raining" when I hired a detail shop to buff the old hydrostream. I showed up and they didnt even barely tought the boat or the Oxidation. Had to tell him off !!

AlaskaStreamin
03-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey Lance, Your luck, the free food will give them diareah.
Our animal control loans out live traps. We use them to get mink out of the harbors. Now those little bastards will ruin a boat. They drag fish carcasses into your wiring chaseways and let them rot.
Good luck!!

Trikki1010
03-25-2006, 05:45 AM
buzzards gotta Eat same as a worm, " Clint Eastwood " I allways wanted to use that line, now I finally got my chance :)

It works out pretty good though

Sometimes other varmits check it out and they get wacked too:D

Then it builds up to when ya gotta shoot the buzzards so they don't feel too much at home, just leave one and call him "Lucky".

The cycle of life:eek: ;)

RedAllison
03-26-2006, 04:11 PM
IL screw the "sprays", screw the traps, screw the dogs (just more crap to have to clean up and another mouth to feed and keep healthy), screw the electric fences...

THIS is all you need to permanently end your pest problems around your boat and what the hell it is fun and entertaining at the same time!!!

http://www.gamo-airguns.com/air-rifle-hunter220.htm

I got one shortly after I bought my Allison that I had to store under a metal roof at my old house for 6 years. Despite having a custom Allison cover with the drawchords and the nylon straps, the cats figured out they could get in by climbing up through the jackplate and then snugging up under the cover where it crossed the fuel fill/splashwell (my XB doesn't have a splashwell but that's where most other boats have one). So I FIXED their asses with the Gamo. You can buy the combo kits from Gamo but as a hunting/fishing equipment retailer for 20yrs I can tell you the scopes they use are Chinese JUNK!!! A simple upgrade too a little better scope (I put a 3x9x32 Tasco Golden Antler on mine) will make these rifles DEADLY.

The only way they will kill a cat instantly is to shoot them in the head. I prefer to shoot them in the lungs (right behind the front shoulder if they are broadside, and right under the throat if they are facing you) as these high powered air rifles will penetrate the body cavity. The cats will HAUL ASS in double ought warpspeed, make it over any privacy fence and then die a few minutes later (hopefully in their owners yard) that way you don't have to mess with the bastards and the owner won't have a clue who did it. The guns are no louder than a regular BB gun (about like a medium clap with your hands) so they can be fired at midnight without worry of the neighbors even knowing what is going on.

Use the pointed or "magnum" pellets as well. They will penetrate 2-3Xs more than the standard flatnosed "target" pellets most people are familiar with. Accuracy is well enough that I can smoke a Coke can at 100yds with them, but for killing power you need to keep your shots within 30yds or so. I ENDED the problems I had with cats (by simple attrition if nothing else :D ) and the last few years I lived there there was not so much as one cat even close too my backyard, much less willing to go under the boatshed!

If you really wanna get technical hang a mild light under the shed. That way it will illuminate the cats or at least give you a shape to shoot at. With you being out in the dark they won't see you, but you can see them easily.

I HATE cats as it is, but I REFUSED to allow them to screw up my red baby. Lastyear I moved and the boat fits in the garage now, my daughters cat sleeps in the garage but rest assured it's NOWHERE near my boat!!! ;)
RA

150aintenuff
04-12-2006, 07:46 PM
so have you ended up shootin holes in the STV or is the cat problem under controll yet

Trikki1010
04-13-2006, 02:15 AM
so have you ended up shootin holes in the STV or is the cat problem under controll yet

Now that thar is some funny chit:eek: :eek: :D

Did ya fix ur pussy problem Lance:D

bigboy
04-13-2006, 04:50 AM
How to keep the cats off of my boat ?? I just bought a new place out in the counrty , and there are about 6 wild cats wondering around. The house has a nice four car garage, but to my surprise, the garage door openings are 8' wide and so is the boat trailer. I have to store the boat under a lean too off of an old dairy barn out back till I build a new shop.

I have seen some sprays at the hardware store called Critter Ridder, and some where I seen cougar piss to keep cat away.
Whats the best way to keep there cats away from the boat ??? Do these things even work ?? Got fur all over the cover. Must be a nice warm dry place to nap.

Lance
Buy a big dog that likes killing cats and let him walk outdoor...

inspectorlance
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
No holes in the STV yet. I used the spray, and it seems to work if used every few days.

Got a dog, and it chases off the cats, also chases the neighbors cows through barb wire fences !!!! just got in from chasing the dog through a muggy field at 7 am. Might have to shoot the damm dog now. If I couldnt catch the dog and stop it from darn near killing the cows, I was just going to shoot the dog. The dog was only $ 75 at the pound, cows $ 600- 1000 ea. 7.62x39 only 37 cents. the choice was pretty clear. Wonder how PETA would judge on this one. kill the dog or kill the cows, OR just shoot the cats becouse they are the reason I got the dog that chases the cows ????

so off to work I go.
Lance

150aintenuff
04-15-2006, 03:28 AM
shoulda just shot the damn cats... even 100 cats cost less then the damn dog.... just do the shootin away from the boat..

LakeRacer99
04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
...the best way to mask cat urine is to cover in cat blood...

Richard
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
When a group of us stores our boats for the winter, we put moth balls around the trailers. I also take a small plastic tupper ware container, poke holes in the lid, put moth balls inside, and put it in the boat. Works well at keeping critters away. Might work on cats.

Massbasser
05-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Damn that sucks...darn cats.

msc5195
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I had a problem with cats getting on my vehicles. I used Cayene Pepper and solved the problem. I would lay a sheet on the roof and hood then cover with pepper after a week or two I was able to stop putting it on there.

MODXR6
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh the critter traps work very good. Gotta set em with a hair trigger though.
How do I know? I've become a pro at it. Got more than 200 under my belt & all I gotta do is call animal control the next mornin & they come pick em up, although I done caught at least 20 more than once & a few 3+ times That's da only thing bad about callin animal control, da owner might find out they're there
Top 2 baits for cats
#1- Popeyes fried chicken bones with just a lil left on em
#2- Some nice smelly leftover lasagna
If dis chit don't work, it ain't cats

NNT
05-21-2006, 11:54 AM
get a dozen rat or mouse traps if your kind hearted,throw some tuna on the bait part and set up the motion camera to catch the fun.I could almost say without a doubt that after each of them gets a taste of cold steel clamping on them,they will hightail it out of there and never come back :D and don't forget to post the video

150aintenuff
06-06-2006, 01:49 PM
lance we need uipdates.... how many holesv are in the STV from shootin at the dog, cat or cows..... is it still floatable...

Cp
06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
How to keep the cats off of my boat ?? ......

Moth balls.

inspectorlance
06-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Nick, no holes yet, been shooting the birds that have been ****ting on the boat cover with a Rossi pump .22 with CCI CB caps. all ya hear is the hammer fall, then a thump on the bird. The cats have been gone since I got the dog.

The boat should have been running a long time ago, got a titus/ GPI sportsmaster to put on, but waiting on a 16" Taylor mid, and merc clamp.
My motor was only running on 5 cylinders ladt year. This thing should really scream when I get it done.
Nick, thanks for getting the prop done , hope it wasnt a hastle. That prop wasnt likley worth the money that it cost to re-hub it. guess I should get those back from Even. Been really busy latley.

Lance

150aintenuff
06-07-2006, 08:31 AM
it was 35 bucks no biggie... did have to argue with the 3 crappy prop repair shops here in town as they tried to say it wasnt re hubable but after about 20 min with a long talk to the owner got it handled.

150aintenuff
06-07-2006, 08:32 AM
it woulda been cheaper to shoot the cats... dogs cost money... .22 shells dont..