PDA

View Full Version : dvd copying software

Riverratt
03-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Is there any place online you can get free software for copying dvds? Of course I would only use this for uncopyrighted dvds:p

Paul Vaillancourt
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Ralph it depends on what you are trying to copy. If it is copy writed material you will first have to "decrypt" the copy protection. Next if it is a Dual layered DVD and you can only burn a single layered DVD you will have to "shrink" it to fit on a single layer DVD. There is another program to do this. and then last you can burn the image to a new DVD. You will need 3 programs, dvd dycrypter, dvd shrink & Ahead nero or any other burning software. You can find them on the internet at afterdawn.com. I have never done this but this is my understanding after researching the topic.

Riverratt
03-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks Paul. I think I need a program to interpret what you just said. My computer has a dual layered dvd recorder plus I added a dvd drive with hopes of going from one drive to the other but I guess I am missing something. I did get some Nero software with the Sony dvd drive. I would like to borrow dvd's from friends and copy them if possible.

Riverratt
03-14-2006, 04:37 PM
do you have to use all of these things every time you copy or just download it once? I am not computor smart incase you did not notice. Thanks for the help. Keep it coming.:p

Paul Vaillancourt
03-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Also If you are copying a DVD that has already been copyied by sombody else then you dont have to decrypt and shrink them just copy.