PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst damage you incurred?

jetriverfish
03-08-2006, 09:47 AM
While running your jetboat on the river. Mine was just below Two Rivers Landing on the Current many years ago. It was early morning and I was headed down stream looking into the bright sun when I hit a rock and broke half the motor mount and jammed the flywheel pretty good on my old 48hp Evinrude jet. Luckily was only 1 mile downstream so with some walking and a trolling motor it only took an hour or two.:rolleyes:

After that I never jet downstream too early before the sun is up pretty much!

150aintenuff
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
totally removed a 3' section of botom and locked up the impeller in the housing. . instantlly stopped a 3500lb aluminum hull from 50+ mph.. that 502 never ran the same. and the boat was a total.. friend was driving and he went THROUGH the windshield took it clear off the boat.. he got 4 stitches in his head, the owner of the boat (mfg) sustained a concussion and I went from the back and slammed into the helm bruising a rib and bending the steerig wheel... we got towed off the river by another boat... bouncing the boat off the bottom the entire way..

STV Tunnel
03-18-2006, 12:39 AM
How bad is the Missouri out there in Washington?

It always looks cluttered with obstacles and dikes to me....plus when you sit at the Wash ramp it looks like it is moving about 7 MPH.....

iwanajohnson
10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
My worst one was I was riding on the deck coming past big creek on the current. The driver swung the curb to wide and hit the bluff threw my cousin out, threw everyone else in the floor, and my finger got cheese grated down the bluff. It was a bad one, boat was shot and so was my finger, everyone else was fine.

150aintenuff
10-26-2006, 08:08 PM
My buddys crash was on the Snake and it almost killed 2 people.

jetriverfish
10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
My worst one was I was riding on the deck coming past big creek on the current. The driver swung the curb to wide and hit the bluff threw my cousin out, threw everyone else in the floor, and my finger got cheese grated down the bluff. It was a bad one, boat was shot and so was my finger, everyone else was fine.

I know the area you're talking about/been thru it many times. Actually this year I think it was easier as the main channel cut thru the middle instead of along the bluff. My favorite sections of the Current are from the Log Yard to Two Rivers to Round Spring.

The Missouri River at Washington has alot of current but is deep in the main channel. Boats especially props need to stay away from the wing dikes as there are shallow riffles around them.

that crash sounded bad and there was one similiar on the Meramec River at Stanton, MO some years ago. 5-6 people in a 115 hp jet boat that ran across a rocky shoal and people were thrown out of the boat or all the way to the front. Most had to be taken to the hospital.

iwanajohnson
10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
wow someone from current river actually is still on this site, everyone from current river doesen't stay on here anymore kinda sux. I live way up the creek there at big creek so it was kinda ironic i lose my finger rite there lol. it's a lot better than it has been in past years.

jetriverfish
10-27-2006, 11:22 AM
I've been going down to the Current for 36 yrs at least once a year. Actually I wished I lived there and if I was to be cremated they could spread my ashes off the bridge at Round Spring as my last wish! :D

Started off as father/son floats and then I fell in love with the jetboats and knew I wanted one when I was older. Big Creek was always our luch stop on our floats. Phil Titus and his boys used to haul us up to Round Spring for our floats as we camped on the gravel bar at Two Rivers in the old days. I've been jet boating for about 18 years now and the Current is still my favorite river but I spend most of my time on the Meramec besides the Gasconade and Missouri River.

Your lucky to live in the area and my wife and I used to love camping at Sinkin Creek when we could put our boat in there. We're going to start bringing the kids down again next year as our youngest will be three years old by then. We're looking forward to starting a new phase of our life camping and boating with the kids. Here's our 1994 boat with the new 2005 Merc jet we got this year.

iwanajohnson
10-29-2006, 07:55 PM
I love living there, I'm away at college rite now but I get back as often as possible, I'm build my own boat rite now, and hope to get it on the river this weekend. Maby I'll see ya on the river this summer.