PDA

View Full Version : Verado Low Water P/U?

tj309
02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know if there is a low water pickup kit for Verado motors? Or better yet a Sportmaster gearcase available? Could the stock Verado lower unit equiped with low water pickup handle surface prop applications? It's only a matter of time until someone puts a Verado on a really hot hull and it may be me.

Thanks, TJ

stoker2001
02-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know if there is a low water pickup kit for Verado motors? Or better yet a Sportmaster gearcase available? Could the stock Verado lower unit equiped with low water pickup handle surface prop applications? It's only a matter of time until someone puts a Verado on a really hot hull and it may be me.

Thanks, TJGood friend of mine has 275hp Verado on ultra light 22' Eliminator daytona tunnel that has run best of 79mph in perfect conditions,He has been a two stroke guy forever,but says he will never go back.My guess is that the stock gearcase would not last at surface.You can get a five year warranty tho,you should try it.Worst case scenerio is that you have to knock the cone off to get it warrenteed:DWord has it that Eliminator is rigging a 30' as we speak with triple Verados

STVBOY
02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Last year Lakeland marine had a 28 skater with three Verados I believe but maybe it was two but they were Verados.

TAXXIVADER
02-21-2006, 05:49 AM
the verados already come with the lwp the pick up is in the front of the torpedo cone ..........................took some photos of the 135 verado i just bung on the back of this beneteau 550 open..i believe its the fleetmaster box..http://2006 0221

yahoo
02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
I think all you have todo is plug the pickups that are mid way up the lower.

Ocean Outboard has 2 on a 32 skater, they are just waiting for better weather to test.

CM

150aintenuff
02-23-2006, 03:50 PM
all you have to do is plug the side intakes.. 4 in the front of the bullet already... all fleetmaster come with them this year... the 300XS gets a HD fleetmaster that is basically a fatshaft 1.75:1 torquemaster renamed..if you need the gearcase length call titus.. im sure he can come up with something

tux974
02-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Bob's Machine Shop is putting nose cones with L/W/P on the Verado's. Just spoke with them a few days ago. Tony

SUPERBASH
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Looks like you got bit by the Verado bug too Tony???http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4461/bash3ly.gif (http://imageshack.us)

*Just wanna make a note here so no one goes overheating there DUAL WATER INLET equipped MERCS...whether they be fleetmaster Saltwater EFI's, torquemaster 300X's or whatever style you wanna call it Verados. The lower pickup works on the RAM principal. The water will naturally "blow out" the side inlets. Some one told Bash to plug up the upper holes on his 250EFI....and the temp. gauge immediately went up upon planing. When the authorized Merc Racing dealer saw what Bash had done...all he said was "take that off there !!!" :o

150aintenuff
02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
you are only supposed to plug the ones running above the rammed in water comming off the case.. and 1 at a time at that and ONLY so that you maintain WP.. any more and yes you can overheat... the dual inlet will allow a higher height before a dedicated LWP is totally necessary however there is a point where it will become totally necessary due to a lack of cooling water being rammed in the P/U for the pump.. not because of water falling out... but because of a LACK of water period..