PDA

View Full Version : Paint Gun

Glasply150
02-01-2006, 02:49 AM
I am in the market to get a paint gun and have been looking at a few. One was a binks 2001 model and the other is a Devilbliss I believe. The devilbliss has the can on top. Anyways wondering which would be better. I would be using automotive paint through this gun. Any other suggestions??

Superdave
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Regardless of the brand you should buy a gravity feed gun,(can on top). You will waste less paint and get better coverage. Be sure to get a stand for it also, makes it much easier. ;)

johnt
02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I just bought a HVLP, Ingersoll Rand, Lowe's price $100. It also came with a pressure gauge at the gun. I am repainting my trailer and just this morning, shot my axles. Gun works great. If you are painting for a living then you might want a better gun such as a Binks, but for the money the Ingersoll rand paints really nice. I have a Binks 2001 syphon type that I bought a long time ago, it is a great paint gun but for me the cheaper one is okay. I will say which ever brand you buy get a HVLP. If you are interested, I may go ahead and sell my Binks, don't know what its worth, several years ago I think I paid somewhere around $300. Send me a PM if your interested..

VECTOR516
02-17-2006, 07:45 AM
How are the craftsman guns? I was in sears thiw past weekend picking up a new ratchet (I snapped mine.. gotta love free replacements htough;) ) I saw the craftsman guns, they looked like pretty high quality guns, and the proces were all very good (under $200). What kind of compressor would you reccommend using if I was repainting the whole boat??

DDiesel
02-19-2006, 06:07 PM
If your looking for a high quality gun with the least problems as far as hangups go...I Prefer a Sata. Check out ebay. you can find em fairly priced there sometimes.

rnd78
08-28-2008, 12:24 AM
:thumbsup: On the Sata very nice guns and will last if you take care of it, but a lil pricey. Devillbis GTi is also a very good gun. Always use gravity over conventional for automotive paint it will lay down real well with less waste. I wouldn't recommend anything from TSC, Sears, Lowe's etc...

Cobra1racer
08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
look here, good guy to deal with. I've bought the cheapy paint kits from him and sand paper up the ying yang.

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/automotive-refinishes/marhyde-primer.html

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/tarps/Kits.html

Scott in MN
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I've used a Sata RP for years and the gun works very well. One of my guys just bought the new Iwata and it atomizes good and has a very wide pattern, like the old days with the Devilbess 502 and 80 cap, but we will see how long it holds up. Ditto on the stand you won't be able to live without it for a gravity feed....

benski
09-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Find a couple of DVD's or, of all things "BOOKS", I think they are called, on painting and prepping automobiles. Eastwood carries a good line of books, DVD's and paint guns in all different price categories, from weekend warrior to pro series SATA guns and Binks. You will also get compressor sizing tips for your project, and filtration. You will want top grade air filtration for your gun,regardless of how much (or little) you spend on the gun itself. A smearing of water or oil will wreck hours and hours of prep time and hundreds of dollars worth of paint.Best of luck!