PDA

View Full Version : Ken Warby in Hot Boat!!!

SleeveA
04-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Looks great Ken!!!!! Sure hope to see you and the new Boat at FireWater this year. Maybe you could do a "wet start" on the water for all the boys. Wow would that be cool!

Balzy
04-17-2001, 06:14 PM
Congrats Ken. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (Not to metion, a charter Amigo)

Balzy

BK
04-17-2001, 08:23 PM
now lets hope this brings him a fat juicy sponsor ;)

(from bk who left emergency room 30mins ago after slicing finger with exacto blade making crafts for sons 1st grade) I can type because rthe numbing shots havent worn off yet ;)

Cp
04-17-2001, 08:31 PM
.....how come I'm always the last one to get my copy of HotBoat?

Sad Cp.... :(

PS - I'm pretty sure Mr. Balz (and possibly other amigos) are illegally involved in a postal delivery conspiracy here.... ;) This is a FELONY, 'doncha know'.

Balzy
04-17-2001, 09:56 PM
to say what a great job you did on the article Val. Is that why you tried suicide on your pinky, cause nobody said how good it is? LOL. Put the girl in a race boat and she's fine. Give her a craft project and an exacto-knife and look out. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Oh ya, Cp, there is no conspiracy on the mail deal. You guys got some real dandy’s for mailmen up there in MN. Long story, ask Steve, we'll tell you some time.

Balzy

Balzy
04-18-2001, 09:20 AM
It does look like the Brit's are building a bridge.

SleeveA
04-18-2001, 09:49 AM
Fastest Amigo?
Thats some big talk for a guy with no hair. LOL

The britts boat looks like it would hold up a 747 and then some. Take a look.
http://www.quicksilver-wsr.co.uk/site/index.htm

BK
04-18-2001, 11:12 AM
good heavens...did you see thier list of sponsors?

http://www.quicksilver-wsr.co.uk/site/sponsors_main.htm

BK
04-18-2001, 02:07 PM
Oh no! this just shows how important it is that Ken gets a sponsor right away. We need an American to set and keep this record ( well, not sure his full citizenship, but he does live in Ohio!)

Anyone have suggestions on who would make a great sponsor for Ken Warby's new world record? We can't let the Brits do this without a battle!

Ken Warby
04-18-2001, 08:51 PM
I don't have a copy of Hot Boat yet (don't have my pics back either) but I will get a copy when they hit the news stands.
Thank you all for the kind words.
I will try very hard to have the jet at FIREWATER in August:D :D :D :D

Maureen M
04-18-2001, 09:02 PM
I heard a while ago that Ken Warby was going to Australia for a race or show or something. Does anyone know when or where exactly?

thanks

Maureen

Balzy
04-18-2001, 09:08 PM
Ken,
I see you either figured it out on your own or Virus got it straightened out for you. I sent him an e-mail to get you going. Glad to see you here. I won't even beg you anymore about bringing the boat to Firewater, did enough of that on the phone today already. Nothing like brown-nosing with the Fastest Man On Water, eh Steve.

Balzy

Ken Warby
04-18-2001, 09:41 PM
Maureen,I have just got back from Australia.
I went down to put the Rolls Royce Merlin V12 back in my unlimited hydroplane "Miss Bud" (ex Miss Budweiser-1973 Gold Cup Winner), Unfortuneatly the engine was not rebuilt in time and I will have to go back in 4/5 weeks time and try again.

Hey Balzy, who is the fastest Amigo? :D :D :D :D
You got a jet boat that I don't know about?

Balzy
04-19-2001, 08:01 AM
Ken,

Obviously we need to have another get together next winter to discuss Amigo By-laws. As a charter Amigo, you do not Qualify for bragging rights when it comes to the fastest. The Three original Amigos on the other hand will continue to fight for the honor. You do as a charter member qualify for the honor of "Who can give a fellow Amigo the most S%&T" though. We feel you can be very competitive in that category or we would not have crowned you with the honor of "Charter Amigo". LOL

Here is proof that Ken is a Charter Member !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/t-shirt.jpg

[Edited by Balzy on 04-23-2001 at 01:47 PM]

BK
04-19-2001, 08:51 AM
I'm ready for an on-the-water get together!
Ken - I have just written to HB about your pics -I'll let you know.
Welcome home!
BK "Just Call Me Amiga"

(maybe not - that sounds too much like "Amoeba" LOL)

Brettster
04-19-2001, 12:18 PM
Dear Ken,

Hope you enjoyed the Hot Boat coverage. Please let me know where you'd like me to return the photos. I can Fed-Ex most of them immediately. We will be doing another feature on you in the July issue of Hot Boat, so I'll need to keep at least one of the pics (to the rest of the board: Ken made Hot Boat's Hall of Fame for 2001). In addition, I am in DESPERATE need of a head-shot picture of you to run in July. Please send one to me at:

Brett Bayne
c/o Hot Boat Magazine
8484 Wilshire Blvd. #900
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Thanks!

BK
04-19-2001, 12:57 PM
Ken in the Hall of Fame!!!!

YESSSSSS!

Isn't that cool? :cool:....:cool:.....:cool:.....:cool:

BK

SleeveA
04-19-2001, 01:25 PM
And he should be!!

Ken dont worry about Balzy (the so called fastest Amigo) he must have forgot to put his hair piece on today:o :p LOL. You will anyways be the fastest one in a Jet and unlimited hydroplanes.:D

later

Instigator
04-21-2001, 11:35 AM
Was Bummin thinkin I missed it! Great Job Val!!!!!!!! Ken, I think you let the Brits prove they can't do it before you screw with it!! If you want to test--------- "Rumble on the River" August 10-12. Only about a 1/2 hr from your house, want me to pick you up on my way by?? I'll also be attending "Fire Water" if you need me to help haul anything for you?? (box's O beer?) Good luck on some contacts from the Hot Boat article! Instigator

BK
04-21-2001, 11:59 AM
thank you, Instigator!

I agree--- maybe Ken should wait and see what the Brits do in Oct -- and if they do manage to go faster than 317, Ken will be right behind them to 'up' it again! After all, we *already* know he can do 345+ .... and that was 12 years ago! :D

BK
04-21-2001, 12:00 PM
Whoops! CORRECTION on that last post:
NOT 12 years ago ---

TWENTY-TWO years ago!

(Golleee, time flies!)

BK

Ken Warby
04-21-2001, 12:42 PM
Ken Warby has been relegated to test and backup driver of the new jet hydro.
The name of the new driver will be announced on Scream and Fly soon.
The new plan is to let the Britts strut their stuff and see if the boat is better than I think it will be.Instigator and BK must have been reading my mind.
Do it or not,their efforts will only help us in our search for sponsorship.
The new driver is at present driving a blown 502 chev hydro and has driven an unlimited hydro.
Any guesses ????? :D :D :D :D

Instigator
04-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Am I right??

Balzy
04-21-2001, 02:01 PM
I have an inside track. But I ain't say'in yet. Ken, let em all guess first.......

Balzy
04-21-2001, 03:13 PM
Instiagtor, Initials - ?.W.

BK
04-21-2001, 07:01 PM
Ken -- I think I'm pretty sure I know who ---- was he a local guest at our get-together ???? :D

Instigator
04-21-2001, 11:11 PM
????

BK
04-22-2001, 08:04 AM
well -- the initials for my guess are B.K.

(no...NO this "BK", another B.K.)

But I guess that was wrong, right?

Can I get a second guess? Would the initials be D.W. ?

Instigator
04-22-2001, 10:16 AM
???????
Kind of wondering about the ohnorary Amigo thing too.I'm thinkin at 317 Ken should be like, King **** Mighty Amigo Supreme or something like that!

BK
04-22-2001, 10:45 AM
I don't know ...was I wrong? My first guess was "Butch K". Was I right? He's the only guy I know who raced an Unlimited Hydro with connections to Ken.

But only because I'm not entirely sure if D.W. ever raced an Unlimited hydro -- I do know he has access to one, though. :D

My hunch is that one of the above is the correct answer ---

I'll just wait to hear the results....:D....:D

Balzy
04-22-2001, 10:48 AM
BK, But you'll have to confirm it with the man himself.....

Instigator, the Amigo status is a long standing deal. All changes must be approved by the Amigo status board of directors. Kind of parliamentary procedure thing. It's a long involved process. King **** Mighty Amigo Supreme
Is an awfully high honor. I would think that after he kicks the Brit’s tails he would stand a hell of a good chance of achieving that status though.

Ken Warby
04-22-2001, 06:04 PM
The new driver is now regestered on Scream and Fly and may put his ten cents worth on these pages soon.
Time will tell.
I know he has read all that has been written on the subject so far and I might let him join in on the Monday night chat session, so you all can ask him his thoughts on his future in a jet hydro.
He has also seen the Amigo report on the winter visit.
and thinks that Balzy is a funny fella,,,,,,,, for an outboarder.
It is up to him now. :D :D :D :D

[Edited by Ken Warby on 04-22-2001 at 08:57 PM]

Cp
04-22-2001, 07:41 PM
...methinks he's have TOOOOO much fun doin' the Fox commentator deal. Not sure Ken would wanna trust him either. Darrel'd wanna turn left too much.

Balzy
04-22-2001, 09:08 PM
But ya'll might be close. Guess ya'll have to wait for the announcement. Be in the chat tommorow night, Ken may spill the kerosene, oops I mean beans.
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Photogallery/Firewater%202000/balzyhst.jpg
Demoted to "The Fastest Outboard Amigo"

[Edited by Balzy on 04-23-2001 at 12:57 PM]

BK
04-22-2001, 09:16 PM
This morning, I 'saw' a member signed on here same time as I was .....he was logged on as [b]DAVE W[/]!

That's a nifty little feature on this board!

DW
04-23-2001, 02:11 AM
This is all very interesting,, but this DW is not driving the jet boat.... am I Ken...(but can I have a go PLEASE) ,With a name like Dianne I haven't had too much experience in a hydro but I will be watching with another DW tomorrow on the chat.
I am wondering what sort of title the driver of the boat would get as an amigo?? A junior?? trainee?? or a son of a gun???
:D :D

SleeveA
04-23-2001, 07:30 AM
I'm sure that was a very hard thing for you to say. You’re a better man for doing it. Better, not faster :)

Balzy
04-23-2001, 01:36 PM
he is up for the challange !!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/T-Man,%20Safety%20First.JPG

But, he got stuck trying to get in and he had to be pulled out with Ken's forklift !!!!!!!!!!
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/Thumper%20Gets%20Stuck.JPG

and all he can do now is dream about it !!!!!!!!!
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/T-Man%20on%20Fire%20with%20Red%20Text.jpg

[Edited by Balzy on 04-23-2001 at 01:55 PM]

Balzy
04-23-2001, 01:41 PM
Due to a lack of horsepower, Ken has decided to let someone with a little less weight make a go of it.

Bk, ya gotta be proud !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/BK's%20Son%20with%20Boat.JPG

BK
04-23-2001, 02:09 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

How'd you guys do that???? LOL!!!

SleeveA
04-23-2001, 04:41 PM
See I told ya!
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/Ken%20Sees%20Thru%20Steve%20and%20Laughs.JPG

BTW, I now have my GPS Max speed recall at 491 mph

Balzy
04-23-2001, 10:28 PM
after all I made him his official "Scream & Fly Amigo Tour" T-Shirt.

http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/T-Shirt%20Presentation.JPG

You just did the Scream & Fly reporting
http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandfly/images/Feature/Ken%20Warby%20Visit/Steve%20Getting%20On%20Line%20For%20Report%20to%20S%20&%20F.JPG

[Edited by Balzy on 04-23-2001 at 10:30 PM]

Dave W
04-24-2001, 07:49 AM
Looking at the competition ,I think myself Very lucky to get the drive in the new jet boat!!!!. It must of been a nightmare for Ken [Dad] to make the choice judging by the pictures above[ the Kid must of come a close second].
I am very lucky to be in a position to have a shot at filling my life's ambition,and add my name to a list of legends[is Balzy on that list ??] Growing up as a kid watching my Dad against impossible odds take on the world and beat them. I knew that was my future.Under no pressure from Dad I started building and racing Hydroplanes ,Getting a feel for speed.I'm looking forward to showing Dad what his boat can do, and keeping our name on the trophy for many years to come.

Dave W :D :D Amigo in waiting :D:D

Balzy
04-24-2001, 09:44 AM
Your pa made the right pick. I really don't think it was too hard for him to do. Well, maybe BK's son was right there in the running with you. I am also glad you can keep the family name on the record. It was great chatting with you last night. (Geeze, I hope you drive a boat better than you drive a puter)

And BTW, my name isn't even close to the list.

Hope to meet you soon. Firewater maybe ????????? If not we will see you in the Land of Oz for the record breaking. The Amigos WILL BE THERE looking for UNOBTAINIUM!!!!

Now this is UNOBTAINIUM!!!!

http://www.shakethelake.net/pix/images/firewater/stream.jpg

[Edited by Balzy on 04-24-2001 at 02:16 PM]

BK
04-24-2001, 10:04 AM
What an honor!

If you are anything like your dad, we won't have to even wonder about who'll be setting the next World Record!
Please keep us informed of your progress.

Dave W
04-25-2001, 04:42 AM
Hey Balzy.....UNOBTAINIUM...yes I see what you mean!!!. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a Mercury Dealer here in OZ...

Dave W :D Amigo in waiting :D

Balzy
04-25-2001, 08:13 AM
you get my point. Man, I see you got your sence of humor from your pa too !!!!!!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL !!!!!

Ken Warby
04-27-2001, 08:28 AM
As you can see,Balzy, I taught my son to get his priorites right.
The instant he saw the pic you posted of UNOBTAINIUM he as a true boat racer knew immeadiatly that you could only be refering to that BIG BLACK MOTOR and that anything else would be of no interest. Ah , what a true racers you and Dave are. I am sure you will have a lot in common when you both finally get together.The sound of a screaming motor,the wind in your hair (If you still have any), the spray in your face !!!! YES that is POWERBOATING!!!I am so proud that you both have got it right.

[Edited by Ken Warby on 04-27-2001 at 08:30 AM]

Balzy
04-27-2001, 11:14 AM
I actually have a full head of hair but I pull some out every morning just for the sport. The less hair, the lower the drag. You know what I'm talking about. It's that co-efficient of friction thing. Just like taking a big whack off your rudder on the your boat....... Think about it, if you wouldn’t have all that hair, you might have gone 500 MPH instead of 317.60. Na, forget it, doesn’t matter with your helmet on.

Dave W
04-28-2001, 03:01 AM
Stick your head in a wind tunnel to see How much hair you do or don't need to maximise YOUR preformance !!!!!.SOME people have found a Speed gain out of "Hacking some of the rudder" . But by getting some professor to shape your hair...will not only obtain a speed improvment , It will also help in the search for "UNOBTAINIUM"

Dave W :D:D Amigo 2B :D:D

BK
04-28-2001, 07:56 AM
A few years back I was told about a medical report that stated lack of hair is a direct result of head swelling inside the helmet. Therefore, the more races won the more hair lost.
:D......:D.......:D

SleeveA
04-28-2001, 09:34 PM
Balzys hair loss is caused by years of beating his head on the bar trying to find away to get beer in bigger bottles, finding a way to burn the tip jar, looking for a way to win the meat raffle, getting the bar tender to feed the fish- OH-BOY, looking for people with a full mouth of teeth. Hoping he has enough beer to get home. His hair loss has helped his pursuit of speed but he needs to walk off a dock at 4AM a few more times, LOL, wait that was me. maybe you lost more that night?
Anyway I hope its working for you cause I'm not to far behind. Hair going fast, me still going slow. :D

Balzy
04-28-2001, 10:24 PM
DW, Need all the help I can get with the UNUBTANIUM....

BK, I like your explination the best. LOL

SA, Amigos have landed. Trip went well. BS'd till 03:00. Pizza for supper @ ??:??. (After midnight) Thanks for the supper and hospitality Mr and Mrs Sernac. Met a guy (Tom Wright) that blows up more 2.5's than you. (Hard to believe, eh?) When he blows em up, he don't fool around, HE BLOWS EM UP GOOD !!!!!!!! Saw the leftovers of the most recent. Yikes !!!!! Motor and windshield are safely home. We's gonna have our hands full with the T this season !!!!!!! Even had enough time to help Mike Hurst put up three walls of the new garage. All in all, a good trip. Just not the same with only 2 Amigos though.