User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUD View Post
    Just when i thought my collection was complete

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH2400

the mcx2, which i really need, i cant master the msr yet.
    Greg, when you decide to have a yard sale let us know. you have to be up to 15 helis now and 2 planes?
    That looks pretty cool, but ultimately I think if you've flown an original mCX, then just go to the mSR. My mCX collects dust now, thanks to my mSR, but I still like it. I'll have to see how fast that is.

Thanks to these guys on this thread, I have a pretty large fleet now. I like the little helis and planes because it's a great way for me to take a 15-minute break from the computer without getting involved in something that takes a lot of time. Of all of my helis, the mSR gets used the most, with the Falcon 40 behind it. I know the F40 is a cheap heli, but I think it's a heck of a lot of fun and it performs great.

I blame all of you.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the msr was a little to much for me inside the house and the yacht, out side was great though. I think they really needed a in between . I still havnt flown the madhawk, i bought the desert camo version so theres no place to put the crash bars on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    the msr was a little to much for me inside the house and the yacht, out side was great though. I think they really needed a in between . I still havnt flown the madhawk, i bought the desert camo version so theres no place to put the crash bars on it.
    You'll really like the Madhawk 300. I got the sport version without the fuselage, since I understand that could make it a bit more difficult to work on. Make sure you get extra tail rotors - those blades break easy if you hit something. The MH300 is extremely easy to fly, and much, much faster than any coaxial heli.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i bought 30 something dollars worth of spares. the week i ordered mine from xheli they were out of the sport version and i really liked the desert camo. itll still be a while before i give it a shot. the reviews claim it very easy to fly? do you think its easier than the msr?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    yeah, i bought 30 something dollars worth of spares. the week i ordered mine from xheli they were out of the sport version and i really liked the desert camo. itll still be a while before i give it a shot. the reviews claim it very easy to fly? do you think its easier than the msr?
    I think they have the sport version with the upgraded radio here. They are all the same though and that radio is really no better than the standard one.

Easier to fly than the mSR.... I think so, in most cases since it doesn't exhibit a lot of the mSR's quirky snap-back thing at zero-stick. Since it's larger than the mSR, it will also get damaged easier in a crash. You can also fly it outside very easily on a calm day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here are some photos of the Exceed RC Madhawk 300/Walkera CB180D/180Q. It's far better made than the Falcon 40, and it's also self-stabilized so it's very easy to fly. I think it's a great helicopter, though I don't like the shaft driven tail rotor design. The performance of the tail rotor is fantastic though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    By the way, if anyone wants to get started with a very inexpensive and reliable collective pitch heli, this is the only way to go: http://www.xheli.com/wahm22ehe6ch.html

Basically, the 22E looks like it's loosely based off the Dragonfly 4 (Falcon 40), which is good. It also has an aluminum baseplate, which is good.

I'll have a report on it soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Mr. Scream and Fly, you must have gotten lucky with your SR. I finally got my gear from the UK, installed it adjusted everything and started to get the feel for the controls again. Hovered it a bit in my living room, it was drifting a little to the left as usual, but before i had much time to adjust the trim it started to spin counter clock wise, i stopped and charged the batt to be sure it wasnt the problem. After it was charged i tried it again, no better all it does is spin as fast as it can no matter how much stick I give it. Messed with the gain, no change no matter where its set. So I stop and check it out, the tail motor is bad I guess, it only spins half speed and doesn't come on until half throttle. If i squeeze the motor body it seems to pick up a little speed so i think the brushes might be worn out. Horizon said they were sending me another one, we'll see when its changed. Not thrilled at all, the only good news is nothing else was messed up, and the bearings in the grips work good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to hear about that. It sure does sound like your tail motor is bad. They are very easy to replace though, and I hope that corrects your issue. Once resolved, I think you'll really love the SR. Remember that it's not a self-stabilizing heli, so it will always drift if you release the sticks.

I flew my Falcon 40 this morning and had a bad nose-in crash. It still flew fine after, but the canopy and battery tray are destroyed. I really like the F40.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i understand about the drifting, and the motors are no prob to replace. I just think is sucks it only lasted what amounts to a few min. The new one I will break in before I run it, I'm sure I'll love it, I enjoyed the few seconds I hovered it yesterday, it flew pretty nice. Can't wait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Greg, you have a new heli and super cub bnf coming?(read that on rcgroups.com) Thats gotta be 20 plus now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So Greg, you have a new heli and super cub bnf coming?(read that on rcgroups.com) Thats gotta be 20 plus now
    Yeah, I did get the BNF Cub, but haven't flown it yet. I get up very early and fly my Ultra-Micro J-3 Cub every morning though and that is an absolute blast to fly. These little planes and helicopters have really worked wonders for getting me to take more breaks away from the computer. I can really say that I feel more stress-free these days, even if I'm only taking a 10 minute break to fly a little heli around the house. Most of the time I would just work for 18 hours straight in front of the computer without ever taking a break, if you can imagine that.

On a similar note, my Exceed Raptor G2 came today and this things is very impressive. I haven't flown it yet, but I will this week

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well i got the tail motor fixed, had to pull it apart and bend the brushes closer together. They were worn uneven and still need to be replaced, hopefully I'll get the new motor tomorrow. As far as the rest of the flying, I'm not really having much fun yet, not having much luck either. I really didn't expect it to be so difficult. Went through 2 sets of blades and 1 main gear, and messed up the plastic on a set of CP blades. Tried them to see how much better it responded. It was a lot more responsive, and the head speed was much faster. Went back to the stock blades and 1 set of flybar weights. Was hovering it pretty good (so I thought), then it drifted into my fence, so now I need to go back to the hobby get new blades, feathering shaft, the landing skids are broke from a few times setting it down hard. Not what I would call a good day of flying. I hope it gets easier, cause at this rate I won't be able to afford replacement parts. Is it just easier to fly these things instead of just trying to hover? I can fly the SIM pretty good, loops, rolls a little inverted but as soon as I try to fly the real thing it all goes to hell. Well I hope to have it back together tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what your experience is with helis, but the SR is by no means a trainer. The collective pitch helis are the hardest to fly (usually) but like driving a V-bottom boat, it will come natural to you with practice. I definitely suggest you get a fixed-pitch heli first. That will save you a ton of money. I fly my Falcon 40 almost everyday as a trainer and it's fantastic - they run $90 ready-to-fly from XHeli and they're very inexpensive to repair. Yes, I think it's easier to fly the machine rather than just hover it. It's like a bicycle - when in motion it's easier to maintain balance. Just build up to it slowly and it will become second nature. I'm a long way from being a pro though.

Speaking of collective pitch helis, my Raptor G2 came today. This looks very well made. I'll fly it tomorrow to see how it is...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just flew the mSR alot before this. They made the SR look sooooo easy to fly on the demo video. I'll have to get mine back together and see how it goes. Yesterday afternoon when I thought I was doing good, something didn't seem right while I was flying it, it turned out that the feathering shaft was bent so I hope i have better luck when I get it back flying. If I buy another chopper before I learn to fly this one, the wife will kill me, she already hates how frustrated I get with this one.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast