Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes its hard to pin point what the problem is when ya replace more than one thing at a time. but regardless as long as the problem gets fix is better than not. and you know have a lot of new parts on there.. Ive done the same thing. Hope that was it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, sometimes pinpointing or finding the actual problem can be a bit difficult and extremely frustrating especially if you do not do this on a regular bases. I see you have changed plenty of parts, at this point I suggest to find someone that is familiar with these motors to help you even if you need to travel a bit.
    gerry56 in Orlando or Diamond Marine 954 525 2600 in Lauderdale are very familiar with these motors give them a call maybe they can help you! You may need to make the trip though....GL and report back your findings so we all learn from things like this.

Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piston in upside down? I've seen it happen and those are the symptoms...it won't spin up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will update about the motor and what i find. And the pistons are all in the correct positions and have been checked by a mercury dealer. Its just sometging small and stupid with the motor. And i only replace one part at a time to pin point the problem so i will be able to report on what it actually was. Just finding the time to take it back and forth to the ramp to water test is the biggest pain. But thank you for the replys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you replaced the fuel line and primer bulb? Or even tried to run it with a remote fuel tank an fuel line.
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had messaged you about possibly purchasing the motor a while back. If you are wanting to keep it, I would be happy to try to help you fix it at no charge. I live in Orlando and maybe we could meet halfway or something. Just let me know, Gerry 56. 407-456-1507

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive ran a remote tank and all new lines and primer bulb. And same symptoms. Its something on the motor. Gerry did we talk? And i will take any help i can get. If you know allot about these motors i wouldnt mind driveing down to you for the help. And if your still interested in it its still forsale..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never did talk and I have already purchased another motor. But I will be happy to help you fix your motor. I sell packaging and shipping supplies and I travel all the way to Palm Coast - Ormond Beach area to see customers. If you want I could meet you around that area on a week day that might be convenient for you. No charge, just trying to help and it will be worth more after it's fixed! Just give me a call and we can take care of it. Gerry 56. 407-456-1507

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry 56 View Post
    We never did talk and I have already purchased another motor. But I will be happy to help you fix your motor. I sell packaging and shipping supplies and I travel all the way to Palm Coast - Ormond Beach area to see customers. If you want I could meet you around that area on a week day that might be convenient for you. No charge, just trying to help and it will be worth more after it's fixed! Just give me a call and we can take care of it. Gerry 56. 407-456-1507
    That is a very generous offer!!
    It does not get any better then that, awesome site here!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the comression numbers?
    WOT timing? Are the idle contorl and oil injection alarm modules removed? how about the temp sensors and TPS? all these can affect timing and WOT.
    Go Time
    2003XS GS 225 Promax/ 260 / 280
    26 Regulator twin 250 EFI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerry thank you very much i will be getting in contact with you soon. Compression is 125 across all 6 cyl and 10% leak down on every one also. Mercury has gone over the timeing and throttle position sensor they say that all is good and right on. It still has the oil injection and the alarm module is new.tps is also new and was calabrated correctly. Temp sensors i have not done anything with yet nor have they been checked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry 56 View Post
    Gerry is a great guy to deal with and has nice stuff too
    Flint River Mafia

1983 Laser LTV #007 RIP Lloyd Burns
    1994 Mirage RR "The Purple Drip" SOLD
    2002 Laser LTV "SOLD"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High side of the Stator go bad???

• Hydrostream V-King with a Drag - SOLD
    • STV RR Drag with a Drag- SOLD
    • 18' seacraft c/c 200 merc- SOLD
    • 18' Action Marine Retired & "Wet"
    • STV Needle Nose " The Heat" - SOLD
    • 21' Triad- "The Sipper"- SOLD
    • 26' concept c/c twin 200 Mariners -SOLD
    • STV RR - "Lil Sista" on a Strongback Trailer
    • 18' Action Marine on a Strongback Trailer

Everybody wants a piece of the pie, till they try it!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two new stators put on and a known good one is on it now.... and the high side of the stator went out and thats how this all happened

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure where to ask, but all this makes me want to ask about a similar situation on two older carb Mercs I have, an 80 V200 and 88 XR4 150. Compression is around 100-110 on all six, on both. The V200 used to turn 6000-6200 with a 21 pitch, and now only 4600, same prop and boat. It's lost about 1500 RPM. I removed the idle and high speed advance module. It's getting plenty of fuel. New lines, bulb, pump, and even put an inline electric pump
    to make sure it was not running out of fuel. Carbs and jets have been gone through and were completely clean.

Sometimes, at a given throttle setting at cruise (around 3500-4000), it's like something will "Kick In" and it will take off for a brief second, and gain 300-500 RPM, but
    then go right back to the lower RPM. The motor has been rebuilt, but all electrical is original.

I apologize if I'm hijacking the thread (let me know if I am cuz I'm not sure what that term means.. but have an idea) but storm5 's problem was the first one I've run
    across similar to my own, and I had just given up on it until reading his post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast