User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Greg, a little off topic but i decided not to get another Heli (for now anyway)! Just cant get past the disappointment of that RotoFly i had a few years back so i decided to get me these here . They look like fun and the Blue Angel comes with a simulator so my son can learn to fly aswell. I have "some" flying experience with planes so it should go fairly well and wont use up all my spare time and money pulling me away from my RC boats ! I still have riggers going together so i have to limit my spendiature and go with somthing i know i wont be smashing every day

For my son. Blue Angel F-18 http://www.nitroplanes.com/new2fblanbrr.html

For me! 70MM F-16 Falcon http://www.nitroplanes.com/704chffi3dae.html
    Ron Paul 2012 Because its an election, not a Cult...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Those planes look very cool, but be very very careful. The EDF jets are extremely fast, and they won't slow down at all. So, you're going to have to come in very hot for landings and it will give you very little time to think. Even if you flare your landings, the jets still need a lot of speed to keep from stalling. You may want to consider getting a prop plane first to train a bit more. I have a lot of time on my cub and P51 now and I'm still not sure I can fly a jet without crashing it.

I haven't worked up the guts to buy an EDF yet, but I will eventually. As it is, a P51 keeps me fully on my toes, though I haven't crashed it yet. Also, the electronics are somewhat questionable in those - not saying they're bad, but just check them over carefully and test before you fly. Check the fan unit to make sure it's fairly balanced, because if they're not it will literally blow the jet apart in the sky. Also, they'll handle better if you don't mount the missiles and drop tanks on them. I really want to try the F18 or the F4 - maybe soon. I believe both of those places you got are made by Starmax, which is good.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ready, i'm ready They dont look that fast. Will these things actually outrun a fast nitro prop plane ?
    I had a skimpy EDF a few years back and i flew it well but it wasn't fast at all and it was a cheapo that you launched by hand and landed in the grass ! I wore it out and never did crash the thing.
    I have flown the P-51 before also! Me and my boy used to go with his grand dad and once he got her up in the air for me i could hold my own but he never did let me take off or land the thing ( which i dont blame him) ! It was a big nitro plane, i forget the size but it was big and hauled the mail !
    Ive watched a few of their video's and it looks like they can be slowed down to land? Maybe you just have to throttle down for a couple laps and let the speed die down before hand? Heck, i dont know but one things for sure....I'm gonna find out !! Go ahead and get one and we can compare notes as in you smash yours first so you can tell me how not to smash mine LOL I'll letchu know when they are up and running and post some pics

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Those planes look very cool, but be very very careful. The EDF jets are extremely fast, and they won't slow down at all. So, you're going to have to come in very hot for landings and it will give you very little time to think. Even if you flare your landings, the jets still need a lot of speed to keep from stalling. I haven't worked up the guts to buy an EDF yet, but I will eventually. As it is, a P51 keeps me fully on my toes, though I haven't crashed it yet. Also, the electronics are somewhat questionable in those - not saying they're bad, but just check them over carefully and test before you fly. Check the fan unit to make sure it's fairly balanced, because if they're not it will literally blow the jet apart in the sky. Also, they'll handle better if you don't mount the missiles and drop tanks on them. I really want to try the F18 or the F4 - maybe soon. I believe both of those places you got are made by Starmax, which is good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think a 70mm brusheless EDF will outrun most nitro prop planes easily. Those planes should hit 100mph on a calm day or close to it. The jets appear kinda slow in the videos, but real life is different - sort of like the boats... The videos never seem to capture how fast they are. You really can't slow them down much for landing. Fighter jets will stall very easily a slow speed and the roll rate on them is extremely high so be careful on the ailerons

Quote Originally Posted by TUG View Post
    I'm ready, i'm ready They dont look that fast. Will these things actually outrun a fast nitro prop plane ?
    I had a skimpy EDF a few years back and i flew it well but it wasn't fast at all and it was a cheapo that you launched by hand and landed in the grass ! I wore it out and never did crash the thing.
    I have flown the P-51 before also! Me and my boy used to go with his grand dad and once he got her up in the air for me i could hold my own but he never did let me take off or land the thing ( which i dont blame him) ! It was a big nitro plane, i forget the size but it was big and hauled the mail !
    Ive watched a few of their video's and it looks like they can be slowed down to land? Maybe you just have to throttle down for a couple laps and let the speed die down before hand? Heck, i dont know but one things for sure....I'm gonna find out !! Go ahead and get one and we can compare notes as in you smash yours first so you can tell me how not to smash mine LOL I'll letchu know when they are up and running and post some pics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Thanks for the confidence booster there Greg I'm sure no-matter how fast the thing is i can fly it better than i could fly that dang RotoFly! That thing had me pulling the hair out of my head and $20 out of my wallet every time it lifted off the ground! Maybe i'll just go to a field with tall grass then. I didn't know these things would do 100, hell i thought they were for rookies... Oh boy, what have i gotten myself in to .....I guess i'll post pics before we fly them ..

I think a 70mm brushless EDF will outrun most nitro prop planes easily. Those planes should hit 100mph on a calm day or close to it. The jets appear kinda slow in the videos, but real life is different - sort of like the boats... The videos never seem to capture how fast they are. You really can't slow them down much for landing. Fighter jets will stall very easily a slow speed and the roll rate on them is extremely high so be careful on the ailerons

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would say they're for intermediate to advanced flyers. Just give yourself a lot of space to fly it and a lot of altitude and you should be ok . Those will cover ground really, really fast so make sure you choose a place that's really large.

Thanks for the confidence booster there Greg I'm sure no-matter how fast the thing is i can fly it better than i could fly that dang RotoFly! That thing had me pulling the hair out of my head and $20 out of my wallet every time it lifted off the ground! Maybe i'll just go to a field with tall grass then. I didn't know these things would do 100, hell i thought they were for rookies... Oh boy, what have i gotten myself in to .....I guess i'll post pics before we fly them ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Whats really large space? A couple hundred yards or what? Some of the intro video's said they were a great beginner plane so i thought they would be ideal being as i have had some experience with flight. I'll spend some time on the simulator first for sure. Hell from the looks of them i thought they would be way easier to fly than a real prop plane! Even saw a video on Youtube where a guy flew it down and caught it in his hands. Might be a different plane though... That EDF i had before was as simple as it gets. Guess i better make that first flight count while its in the air cuz there might not be anything left after the landing

I would say they're for intermediate to advanced flyers. Just give yourself a lot of space to fly it and a lot of altitude and you should be ok . Those will cover ground really, really fast so make sure you choose a place that's really large.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good Vid

I think i can, I think i can, I think i can....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD-HoDA5Y5A

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    An EDF brushless jet as a beginner plane? No way. If you look at the video you posted, you'll see that he's really flaring those landings to slow the plane down. That's not very easy but if you can do that it will make landings smoother. I would just find the largest space you can conveniently. A football field would be much too small, for example.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

An EDF brushless jet as a beginner plane? No way. .
    I'm just telling you what the articles state along with some demo vids, even the 70mm is suitable/stable for low speed flying for beginners. I'm trying to think possitive here and your not making that very easy If i cant land that thing on a football field, i'll be selling it to you.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm just telling you what the articles state along with some demo vids, even the 70mm is suitable/stable for low speed flying for beginners. I'm trying to think possitive here and your not making that very easy If i cant land that thing on a football field, i'll be selling it to you.....

Heck, I would be first in line to get one if I felt they were easy to fly. Believe me, I know how cool they are. I just don't want to see you crash them on the first flight. I know the high-wing trainer planes are a bit dorky, but they're fun to fly. I do want an EDF jet though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well stay tuned cuz you might be able to get a couple real cheap!
    I'm gonna take it real slow the first time out and probably wont even throttle it up to speed until i feel comfortable with it. Come on Greg, they absolutely have to be easier to fly than those helis man. Wheres the encouragement here? There's some beginners with video's on youtube that have them that do ok. Even when they mess up a landing it doesnt seem to hurt the little planes to much ! I cant believe how cheap the things are Amazing.....A RTF 100mph plane for less than $200. I just hope this isnt where the (get what you pay for) thing comes in. Ive seen some great reviews but have also seen a few people on websites that weren't happy at all with them having equipment problems right out of the box. I'm not game for that kinda crud at all! Nothing gets me more angry as having trouble with somthing right out of the box...Hope all goes well.....Go ahead and order one, if you can fly them darn Helis, you can fly anything

Heck, I would be first in line to get one if I felt they were easy to fly. Believe me, I know how cool they are. I just don't want to see you crash them on the first flight. I know the high-wing trainer planes are a bit dorky, but they're fun to fly. I do want an EDF jet though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change of plans

Decided not to order from Nitroplanes.com. Ive spent the last 2 days researching them on the forums and have just heard to much poop about them not backing their products and having a lot of out of the box problems so i'm gonna go with the same type planes but from another store any suggestions Greg ? I also noticed they are out of stock on just about every plane they sell so i see a red flag there as well...going out of business maybe? I really liked the Tiger f-16, that sucks, it looks like their the only ones who carry the Tiger F-16...oh well ! Have you heard anything about Banana hobby ? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They sell out fast because those planes are very inexpensive and there's a huge popularity in RC flight now. I see them get planes in stock, then sell out right away. I never ordered from Nitroplanes.com but I really haven't heard anything negative about them. Keep in mind that I've been reading on RC aircraft forums a lot lately, and I think a lot of the problems stem from people that buy these things, crash them, then try to blame the product, saying it caused the crash. Then they insist that the vendor replace it. I've seen that all too often. Stay away from Banana Hobby, they have an awful reputation everywhere.

I'm sure you know, most of those foam planes are Chinese made, and the electronics inexpensive re-brands of other Chinese brands. I think the actual airframes are good, but the electronics are where the problems are.

As for the planes you were looking at, if you want maximum reliability, I would buy just the airframes (ARF versions) and then buy your own speed controller, receiver, and radio. I think doing that will eliminate most potential problems. The RTF ExceedRC version of the F18 and F4 have decent electronics, from what I've read.

Check it out - the new ExceedRC/Walkera "Airwolf" Madhawk 300. These helicopters are fantastic and incredibly stable. They use the Bell-Hiller rotor head design, so it has a flybar mixing arm which is why they're so stable. I have the sport version of this helicopter, but I thought the Airwolf fuselage looked very cool.

Decided not to order from Nitroplanes.com. Ive spent the last 2 days researching them on the forums and have just heard to much poop about them not backing their products and having a lot of out of the box problems so i'm gonna go with the same type planes but from another store any suggestions Greg ? I also noticed they are out of stock on just about every plane they sell so i see a red flag there as well...going out of business maybe? I really liked the Tiger f-16, that sucks, it looks like their the only ones who carry the Tiger F-16...oh well ! Have you heard anything about Banana hobby ? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg, you have a PM! Also what have you heard about FMS ? Thats who makes the f-16 Tiger i posted a link to. Airfield also makes them but their out of stock on that one and the only one they have is the FMS... Thanks

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast