User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SK Outboard

Hey guys,
    I may be posting in the wrong place here, but it looked like you already had a pretty good thread going about something that I haven't been able to find much other info on.
    I just picked up a very original 1968 Stevens SK Outboard Flatbottom from the original owner. I know, I know, it's not a drag boat, but it is pretty damn cool.
    Spike, it seems like you are the main dude with the info on Stevens Boat Co. Is there a place where all of that info is aggregated like a Stevens Registry or anything? I am lucky enough to still have access to the original owner who has some stories and a good amount of info about the boat and a little bit about Mack and Mary, but I was curious if there was more. Anywhere you guys can point me would be greatly appreciated. For some pics of my boat check out the rough site I threw together (links on the right take you to the other pages): http://markjaustin.com/boat/?page_id=2

Thanks in advance,
    --Mark
    1968 Stevens SK Outboard Flatbottom - Merc 1250

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1969 Stevens

Hey everyone. I just picked up a 1969 Stevens and I'm planning on tearing it down this winter for a complete rebuild. I have had it on the water already this year and plan to take it out one more time in the next couple weeks before I start the rebuild. It has the 1960 Buick Nailhead in it and I'm going to keep it in the boat. I have seen some of the old pics of other Stevens boats from the factory and like some of the original paint jobs so I'm going with that Old school look. I'll try and keep everyone posted on updates and pics of the rebuild as I get to work on it. Here's a pic of of it as it is now. Enjoy and if anyone has any questions or might be able to help feel free to say something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40455_149293975084878_100000128284165_464980_4971818_n.jpg   376.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just read thru all 21 pages here reading up on the history of the Stevens & want to thank all that has contributed to some of the history here. I have purchased my first Stevens Flat Bottom & have been learning alot about these fine boat. My boat is a 1970, don`t know what model it is? This thread has not had much action lately so hopefully you guys are still active with your own Stevens? I would like to see some different interior photos if possible. I have not seen another one like mine anywhere yet?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stevens 6.jpg   stevens 5.jpg   stevens 4.jpg   stevens 3.jpg   stevens 1.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a wood deck stevens in the late 60's that looked alot like this boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello kb5050, Do you happen to have any photos of your Stevens? I would like to see how all the boat interiors were done back in the day.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm a new member, I have a Stevens sk that needs a new deck,does anyone have experience replacing a wood deck?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Thompson View Post
    Hi I'm a new member, I have a Stevens sk that needs a new deck,does anyone have experience replacing a wood deck?
    just so happens your in luck, there are a few guys still doing custom wood decks.

http://millercustomboats.com/ and Harlan Orrin still does wooden decks.
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 Stevens View Post
    I have just read thru all 21 pages here reading up on the history of the Stevens & want to thank all that has contributed to some of the history here. I have purchased my first Stevens Flat Bottom & have been learning alot about these fine boat. My boat is a 1970, don`t know what model it is? This thread has not had much action lately so hopefully you guys are still active with your own Stevens? I would like to see some different interior photos if possible. I have not seen another one like mine anywhere yet?

Thanks
    Man, that is a beauty!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't found any pics, but from memory that boat had seating arrangement similar to yours, many had back to back buckets or two forward facing buckets.

Hello kb5050, Do you happen to have any photos of your Stevens? I would like to see how all the boat interiors were done back in the day.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Wilder can do it 904-614-5357 he's here in jacksonville fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Thompson View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boat is a vdrive is that an sk also?my plans are to replace the deck myself and have the outside edge fiberglassed by a professional and the boat painted,I was going th do the laminate work also,boat came with everything but block and heads,I'm building a 62 327 steel crank,461 heads inline dual quads for it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Capt.o! I`ve been away from here for awhile & see there is some action on the Stevens! Thanks for posting the Sales Bro`s Sleek.c

I am getting ready to cut the glass tanks out & replace with Imco SS 8 1/2 X 48 Round tanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Capt.o! I`ve been away from here for awhile & see there is some action on the Stevens! Thanks for posting the Sales Bro`s Sleek.c

I am getting ready to cut the glass tanks out & replace with Imco SS 8 1/2 X 48 Round tanks.
    Thats a good move, I have seen a couple of cases of the newer fuels dissolving the old fiberglass, what a mess.
    You have a beautiful boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all you Stevens owners!
    For a while now, I have been compiling info on known existing Stevens Boats. If YOU have a Stevens boat, I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me. You can send photos if you like, they're always fun, but most important is the info, such as:

Year:
    Model: ( SK Skier, Silhouette, Outboard, hydro, Luxury Regent, Sportster,etc.)
    Length:
    Hull #: (not registration number)
    Deck: Is it a wood deck, or 'glass?
    Data Plate? ( say yes, or no ) all hulls should have a transom hull number, but not all have data plates

All of the records for Stevens Boats disappeared with Mack and Mary Stevens, the company was sold while they were alive, but now they're gone. There were probably as many Stevens Boats built as any make. Help me with this Herculean task. You can PM me here, but I don't always check in all the time. Another source, is to e-mail me at skippyandeeyore@yahoo.com
    Thanks to all Stevens owners who can help! Spike
    Last edited by Spike Morelli; 02-24-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast