User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I'm still here, just been busy with work. Did you say you were from mass? I am a former M*******. I miss it... I am looking to sell the motor that is currently in the boat. It is a 1966 396, and it's omly running around 400hp. I have been doing some reserch and this block matches the chevelle and people are looking to recreate matching # cars. I hope I can sell it to buy something with a little more hp.. I was on the river last weekend and ran side by side with a 2007 yamaha with twin 300hp jets. We were side by side to about 70mph and then he left me... I caught up to him at the bridge he said he topped out at 82mph... So I didnt do to bad considering I was up against a $60,000 dollar boat. Just out of curiosity how much could I get for my boat? I will try to attach pic's..
    Ben. I t says Mb exceeds the forums limit??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benji,totally relate to the more hp deal,at one time when my folks had the boat it was pontiac powered and after several blowups we found a ad in the local paper that said 74 Trans Am burned out ,well we called and the lady said according to her notes it was a 455,my stepdad suspected a SD motor which meant nothing to me but to pontiac people this was a good motor so we hauled ass up there and yanked it out as fast as we could,we ran that motor until the historical and value factor became apparent,so easy to blow em up in a boat!the next motor was a 427 chev taken in trade during a layoff period with the local sawmill and come to find out it was a numbers correct 67 vette 435 horse block and heads that had never been opened up,once the word got out the phone was ringin which is how the LS7 thats in my boat came to be after some horse tradin and cash changed hands so i can honestly say youre motor will make someone very happy,do you plan a motor bye bye or the whole package deal,btw,thats a good speed for a first boat,i busted my ass playin with jets when i was younger to see 70mph.I moved here 7 years ago and got into a road rage deal and the guy yelled mass_____! my girl had to tell me what that meant,frickin hilarious!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I lived in ashland for many years, I miss plowing.... But now I can go boating all year round..Thats one good thing about florida...One good thing...I dont know what I want to do with this boat. I am thinking more power but also thinking, that i lose intrest in my toys quick, and I need a new one..So it's all up in the air.I was looking at some supercharged fox body stangs.Fast.... What do you think the boat is worth any Idea? My buddy up in uxbridge ,Ma has an old 73 hondo with 454 he paid 8g's, his is mint.. but will only do 60mph, and it's 17ft.What do you think?
    Ben..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benji,it seems like you are looking for a fast boat that stevens is not gonna do it for ya,trust me i know,i am running an old glass over wood flatbotttom that i`ve thrown alot of hp at to just end up with a good runnin nostoglia flat,if i had any sense i would dump the hull and find a lightweight later day runner bottom but i`m kinda stuck,the boat has been in my family since 1967 and was passed to me with the assumption i would take care of it,i dream of being a rich guy with more than one boat,actually i do have two boats but back to the subject at hand,if youre boat has the motor you stated it is worth something,sad thing is the motor gets yanked and the boat gets thrown to the side,you seem to have been bitten by the hot rod boat bug and youre in a position of deciding which way to go i would be more than happy to pass on twenty plus years of outboards,jets and v-drives ownership,my name is Kenny and my number is 253-569-9792,feel free to call,we`ll just yak about old boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still here... I am looking for a mustang. I need a new toy..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool,figure out what youre doing with the boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if ya # s is right on the 396,ya need to find the right collector in order to get the right money for it !

AND I DO KNOW THE RIGHT ONE!

I have 3 4-bolt external oil cooler 512 casting 1969 date code 427/454 blocks and 1 is going in a 1970 ss chevelle convertable for Jay Lenno.

LET ME KNOW IF YA NEED HELP GETTING IN THE RIGHT HANDS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I am tradeing the boat for a custom mustang, built to my spec's. Cant wait it should be ready before chrismas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn,new toy time huh!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes... I am thinking 350hp and keep everthing basicly stock looking, I want a good driver not a race car. The color on the car is corvette copper, looks sick... I will be running some chrome bullet wheels also, this car is a perfect paint and all lights and mouldings are new. I cant wait to add to garage collection.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry X-mas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw,they are talkin 5-8 inches tomorrow night,got youre plow handy

CLINTON, IA. POTHOLE HAVEN. If your shocks dont bust, your bladder will!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey what up thats a cool boat. how fast does that go?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i`m not sure who youre talkin to there,easy answer works for me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

florida.

Hey pancho,

I hate to tell you, but it's 81 degrees on the river today. There are some good things about florida. The boat ran great! We got her up to about 70mph and covered about 5miles in what seemed like 5 min. The river was very smooth not many boats today. Although we did hit a 5ft boat wake at around 50mph jumped the first and went straight through the next. Got a little wet.... had to run the buildge for a minute. hows the snow???

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast