User Tag List

Page 62 of 348 FirstFirst ... 12 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 112 162 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old pics.....

Quote Originally Posted by jlf56 View Post
    Tried it again, nothing. Need guidance. Did the upload, it uploaded but doesn't attach to reply ?????
    Mark75H.....you got any ideas for Joe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Yes but he did have a memorable piece of kit in [Meg was it ??] female company
    Yes, her name was Meg.....a very nice lady and good looking too.

Jackie me boy, sounds like that aint the first pint of the evening that you've got your mits wrapped around (memorable piece of kit).
    Last edited by willabee; 05-05-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Mark75H.....you got any ideas for Joe?

The mistake most people make early on is not hitting the "upload" button (and waiting until the screen changes to "upload complete") after selecting the pics. There is a step by step over on Boat racing facts, complete with pictures of what the screens look like as you do each step.

I have a question for Joe, too. Do you remember roughly how many twin engine tunnels were made?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, son came by and tells me "I don't know what I'm doing !! ( I knew that much from the beginning)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bill Cooper Glastron IB (2).jpg   1971 Lightweight 18' Molly.jpg   1969 Havasu Scotty #33.jpg   1970 Channel Derby.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a question for Joe, too. Do you remember roughly how many twin engine tunnels were made?

Mark, I think it was high 20's or low 30's but can't say for sure. I destroyed eight myself
    We were "Experimental Research" division of Glastron and drove like nothing mattered. Art Carlson built the first lightweight twin for Havasu '70, the one I crashed on the first lap. Then he built the second one (Red & White) and I drove it once at the Galveston 250 '71. The boat was then given to Reggie. I don't think any more twins were built but don't know for sure. Harold would know but he's been dead for several years. Bob Hammond, in Austin, knows.

Fielder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are these people ????
    Havasu, '67 or '68
    The Inturpreter (sp) was real cute.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renato Havasu '67 or '68.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Havasu, '67 or '68
    Obviously that is Renato....but the guy behind him looks an awful lot like Fabio Buzzi.

T2x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fabio-buzzi.jpg  
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this should be on a "Muilty" thread, BUT, here are the remains of my first lap of Havasu '70
    The Officer was giving me a ticket--- Failure to yield right of way

Makes my back hurt every time I see this. We just moved into our new house and I found all my old race stuff. Thats the reason for the posting of pic's.
    Fielder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '21 T-74 Remains.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havasu 1968.....

Havasu, '67 or '68
    The man with the glasses behind Renato is Bill Steele. At that time, I think his official title at Mercury was VP Engineering. He reported directly to Mr. Kiekhaefer and all racing efforts, including Offshore and OPC, went through him. When the Racing Team was formed, Garbrecht became Manager of Racing for OPC and he reported to Steele. A couple years later Steele's job was split. Charles Alexander was promoted to VP Engineering and Garbrecht became Director of Racing, reporting to Alexander.

In 1968, Steele was the one who negotiated directly with the Molinari's and decided who raced what and when. The interpreter was the daughter of Carlo Rasini, a good friend of the Molinari family and a boat racer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    The man with the glasses behind Renato is Bill Steele. At that time, I think his official title at Mercury was VP Engineering. He reported directly to Mr. Kiekhaefer and all racing efforts, including Offshore and OPC, went through him. When the Racing Team was formed, Garbrecht became Manager of Racing for OPC and he reported to Steele. A couple years later Steele's job was split. Charles Alexander was promoted to VP Engineering and Garbrecht became Director of Racing, reporting to Alexander.

In 1968, Steele was the one who negotiated directly with the Molinari's and decided who raced what and when. The interpreter was the daughter of Carlo Rasini, a good friend of the Molinari family and a boat racer.
    I've met Bill....but man...in that picture he looked like Fabio...Maybe it's the glasses.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Willa. Thats the names I remembered, but didn't know for sure. I also found a picture from '67 (I think) of the Abbete brothers with a small "V" they brought to a Houston race. I can post the pic if anyone is interested.

I also posted the remains of the '70 Molly crash on the "Glastron # 998" thread. If you look at it notice the "Bent Headrest" on the seat, thats what kept me from being decapated.

Fielder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the last part of previous post. The wreck pic's are here on this thread. Gettin old ain't going real good !!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Willa. Thats the names I remembered, but didn't know for sure. I also found a picture from '67 (I think) of the Abbete brothers with a small "V" they brought to a Houston race. I can post the pic if anyone is interested. I also posted the remains of the '70 Molly crash on the "Glastron # 998" thread. If you look at it notice the "Bent Headrest" on the seat, thats what kept me from being decapated.
    Fielder
    Always interested in seeing an Abbate . I did see the photo of the 21' twin on the 998 thread. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to add it to the "Hot Multi's" thread with some background info and the after crash photos. It was a Hot Multi, it just cooled down real quick at Havasu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the size !!
    I don't remember if they were both Abbate's or just one of them. They came to Texas for some reason and wound up at one of our Bayshore boat club races. As I remember he knocked a hole in the side and got a little wet.

Fielder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '67 Abbate's.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I've met Bill....but man...in that picture he looked like Fabio...Maybe it's the glasses.
    Bill Steele was the guy that got me some of Hi-Perfs finest products, he came over to Europe with Roy Ridgell and travelled all over to see who was doing what. I had sold the Shultze and was running a Molinari, and building a Rossinari, in the loft. He turned up with Joe Swift and saw me do my first 360 flip at Iver Heath.!!!!!!! Promised me a boat for Havasu for the 69 race but he had been side lined when we arrived and GG. was running the show, and there was no boat. He moved further and further into obscurity and i never saw him again. Had a lot of fun with the Rasini family and got to know them all very well, we swopped kids for the summer holidays, that's one of the good things that came out of our relationship with Renato.

Page 62 of 348 FirstFirst ... 12 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 112 162 ... LastLast