User Tag List

Page 59 of 348 FirstFirst ... 9 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 109 159 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although intentions were good, results stunk and intentions didn't rank too high on anyones 'happy meter' that day.
    Great story !! Sometimes you have to try some things to learn what doesn't work.......race on Sunday sell on Monday. Probably was a bad time to ask for a raise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Willabee...As usual, your accounts are always fascinating. I am not sure if this is one of those that one would categorized as: no good deed goes unpunished or the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can't even imagine what Sir Jackie is going to have to say about this one. You are brave to put this out there
    Some people are born pen pushers, others are just "good bodjers", some turn out to be great engineers, writers, bakers, lumberjacks,ice cream men on a tricycle, astronauts and scientists, . Then you have those that went and worked at Oshkosh for the mighty Merc,co. and walked the walk down the road to hell. Tell me about it -----WE WUZ THERE, WATCHING WILLABEE !!!!
    'ONLY IN AMERICA' Redemption is in the pen Willa, don't ever stop, we even enjoy your clangers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Some people are born pen pushers, others are just "good bodjers", some turn out to be great engineers, writers, bakers, lumberjacks,ice cream men on a tricycle, astronauts and scientists, . Then you have those that went and worked at Oshkosh for the mighty Merc,co. and walked the walk down the road to hell. Tell me about it -----WE WUZ THERE, WATCHING WILLABEE !!!!
    'ONLY IN AMERICA' Redemption is in the pen Willa, don't ever stop, we even enjoy your clangers.
    Based on second hand communication, it appears that Mercury Racing closed its doors last Friday. The parts and products will still be available through Mercury Marine, but the last vestiges of the old "Black ops" appear to be gone, and the building is supposedly sold to Fred K. Granted, the "magic" was over when first Oshkosh and then Lake X were closed in the past decade, but it still is a sad day. I want to thank all you guys for keeping the torch alive. As long as the flame still burns in each of us "Black Magic" will persevere........

and now back to the Jackie and Willabee show....

In this episode Willabee loses a minor detail and Jackie finds it.........

T2x
    Last edited by T2x; 03-24-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the belly laugh.....

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    .....and now back to the Jackie and Willabee show.......In this episode Willabee loses a minor detail and Jackie finds it..............T2x
    Now thats funny, it sure got me laughing this morning.

However, following the established protocol, the Willabee & Jackie Show would have been more appropriate. You know, there was Burns & Allen, Martin & Lewis and even Beanie & Cecil. Brains and good looks always came before blunder and beast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Now thats funny, it sure got me laughing this morning.

However, following the established protocol, the Willabee & Jackie Show would have been more appropriate. You know, there was Burns & Allen, Martin & Lewis and even Beanie & Cecil. Brains and good looks always came before blunder and beast.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.

T2x
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.

T2x
    What the hell does it matter whether your Batman and i'm Robin---or your fat old Olly and i'm the head scratcher !!!!!!!! Fact is----we got 'em all interested again in the thing we were good at----Boat Racing. You in the workshop, making useless bits of kit that usually broke, me in the drive seat wishing to God you would stop messing about and come up with something that worked real good. As the Fonz used to say --HAPPY DAYS,--

IF IT'S A FACT---AND MERCURY RACING IS FINISHED ,THEN IT IS INDEED A VERY SAD DAY. CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, BUT WHEN OMC CLOSED, IT DIDN'T HURT. MERCURY CLOSING DOES. A VERY LARGE PART OF ME AND MY SON AND GRANDSON ARE INDEBTED TO "THE FIRM" FOR THE WAY OUR LIVES HAVE BEEN SHAPED.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell does it matter whether your Batman and i'm Robin---
    It matters because when the themesong plays, it goes duta duta duta duta, duta duta duta duta......Batman!.

When sitting in a respectable saloon like Judy's Gin Mill, you never hear a good looking woman, with that wistful "I'm looking for my hero" gaze in her eyes singing duta duta duta duta, duta duta duta duta.....Robin!

Most people know that if Robin won the Blue Ribbon, it was probably because Batman did something good in the kitchen!
    Last edited by willabee; 03-24-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats a kitchen??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    It matters because when the themesong plays, it goes duta duta duta duta, duta duta duta duta......Batman!.

When sitting in a respectable saloon like Judy's Gin Mill, you never hear a good looking woman, with that wistful "I'm looking for my hero" gaze in her eyes singing duta duta duta duta, duta duta duta duta.....Robin!

Most people know that if Robin won the Blue Ribbon, it was probably because Batman did something good in the kitchen!
    Dearest Willa------her indoors----the trouble and strife , wants to know how you would do RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in do dah---- duta wam bo-
    at your earliest would suffice nicely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have those that went and worked at Oshkosh for the mighty Merc,co. and walked the walk down the road to hell.
    Willabee...It was inevitable. It had to happen. You basically were a sitting duck with your wings tied. It was just a matter of time until the shots rang out from "across the pond." Let the feathers fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys, have to call time out until the next round. Should only be for a few days this time. Having the second cataract removed tomorrow and her indoors flat refuses to let me out to play. Will join the fray soon as i can see out of the second peeper.
    Meanwhile, you all keep voicing your opinions Love to all. Jackie W.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the second cataract removed tomorrow
    Hope the operation goes smoothly for you....god speed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jackie:

Best of luck......

"Eye'll be seeing you........"

T2x
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone get a Jackie report ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Folks, Like it or lump it, i'm alive and kicking, with eyes Lee Major only dreamed about !!!!!!!! Can see all the way to heaven and all points in between. Yes the old man has a place reserved for me on the right hand side but i told him i'd call before i visited. I have also been known to walk on water.
    Thanks for all the well wishes, nice to know i was not alone in there, thanks to "Old Fiberglass" and "T2X" specially.
    Willa was glad of the respite, but the battle commences after today.
    Asked the surgeon if he ever raced boats ?? he answered "NO WHY", i said 'cos you tell lies,----"how come" he asked---"you told me i wouldn't feel a thing" !!!! Answer--------WE TELL EVERYONE THAT.
    SOOOOO you all had a quiet nap or three when i was incapacitated [ that's one of those big words like helicopter and mayonnaise, just for Willa ] and just waited for me to come back and get the ball rolling, well ok here goes.
    This thread has had close on 90,000 hits and has to be one of the post popular ever seen on S&F, that's mainly due to the likes of Willa ,T2X, old fiber, Sunshine man, Seeroy, and many, many more, so how about we try to take it all the way to 100,000 .
    Amazed at the lack of interest from England and France, with just bits coming from Holland ,Italy, Sweden, and even Ireland. They were all instrumental in paving the way in the early days, but seem to be pushing for piles nowadays.
    First day back and i see Seeroy has gone beyond a positive maybe to a firm decision regarding the Old Farts. If i knew how to send piccies and do things like attachments i would, but will have to wait till one of my grandkids comes to show me how before i sign up. Take a gander at 'Life at lake X' and you'll see what i mean.
    Gotta go, her indoors is telling me "enough, for the first day, quit while your ahead".
    Will call Seebold later today and maybe i can blast cranky old Willabee clear out of the water, Webster eating misarse !!!!!!!!!

Page 59 of 348 FirstFirst ... 9 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 109 159 ... LastLast